www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: stock rom star s5 mtk6589
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I look forward to my brick phone

Hardware : MT6589
Model : S5
Android v : 4.2.1
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V6.P2, 2013/02/27 22:59
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (user@linux-user) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Mar 14 14:47:42 CST 2013

Thanks in advance
(2013-04-09, 05:25)NinoNirVana Wrote: [ -> ]I look forward to my brick phone

Hardware : MT6589
Model : S5
Android v : 4.2.1
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V6.P2, 2013/02/27 22:59
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (user@linux-user) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Mar 14 14:47:42 CST 2013

Thanks in advance

ı thing when you try to root phone you brick your phone.I have star s5 to but ı dont know how to back up.if you tell me ı can sent ıt to you..
ı found the stock rom .you stll need that? and ı found one more rom that with rooted(flashıng with recovery)
(2013-04-11, 12:26)guapon Wrote: [ -> ]ı found the stock rom .you stll need that? and ı found one more rom that with rooted(flashıng with recovery)

Hi,

Do you by any chance mean these roms:
STAR-S5-ROOT-CARDROM.zip
MP_mt89_v9_智多星S5_pulid_jb2_20130314-144929_lixiaoli_PC.zip
? I haven't tried them yet because I succeeded in rooting and applying gapps yesterday (with your help Smiling ) but I would like to know if anyone tried them? and of the rooted one is better? or a plain aosp Android - full ? with english recovery?
Could you place link here? Thanks.
(2013-04-20, 14:50)vpa Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
I'm still waiting for my S5. I hope it will be rooted too.
But I think about two or three tune optins.
1. Change of WIFI NVRAM, because of MAC address changing error. I found link on this forum, but I have no access to it, maybe later.
2. Change of 3G range for EU. I have no link for this, I found some sources to different phones.

Do you have anybody direct link to factory website?
(2013-04-20, 16:32)vpa Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still waiting for my S5. I hope it will be rooted too.
1. Change of WIFI NVRAM, because of MAC address changing error. I found link on this forum, but I have no access to it, maybe later.
2. Change of 3G range for EU. I have no link for this, I found some sources to different phones.

Unfortunately no, I'm looking for such a link as well... I would highly appreciate a better firmware - but so far I can't find any...
(2013-04-20, 16:32)vpa Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still waiting for my S5. I hope it will be rooted too.

I've bought it a couple weeks a go and I am waiting for it to now.
A friend of mine already received it and it's very nice to use but there are many chinese apps on it which we had to remove because we didn't new what it did and they had too powerful rights.
How far are you with your search now.
I would be happy if you post your mod's when your ready.
Thanks in advance

Try this code:
*#*#3646633#*#*

It gives you access to Engineer Mode
Pages: 1 2