www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: How to root Star S5 Mtk 6589
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if anyone has rooted this phone Star S5 Butterfly MT6589. Does one have the correct files (like scatter file) please. Thanks a million in advance.

very soon a Star S5 review for you all Big Grin;)
(2013-04-09, 05:38)NinoNirVana Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if anyone has rooted this phone Star S5 Butterfly MT6589. Does one have the correct files (like scatter file) please. Thanks a million in advance.

very soon a Star S5 review for you all Big Grin;)

Hi,

I join you on that request - it will be amazing to get it rooted Smiling
By the way, I just got it now an hour ago - and I noticed it's missing the NetworkLocation.apk (there's a slight chance it might be because I uninstalled some Chinese apps that came with it) and I can't push it to system/app without root - so I would highly thank anyone who knows how to root it.
(2013-04-09, 05:38)NinoNirVana Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2013-04-10, 19:31)guapon Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

That sounds amazing - but I can't seem to download the sp flash tool - I don't have access to that part of the forum. Is there anywhere else to download it from?
Just a small questions - when you say "first install super su" do you mean from the market - or take the .apk file from the zip and copy it to the SD card and install it from there?

Thanks in advance,
Yuly
(2013-04-10, 20:14)yulypis Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

That sounds amazing - but I can't seem to download the sp flash tool - I don't have access to that part of the forum. Is there anywhere else to download it from?
Just a small questions - when you say "first install super su" do you mean from the market - or take the .apk file from the zip and copy it to the SD card and install it from there?

Thanks in advance,
Yuly
this is flash tool

this is supersu download it and copy to sd card not open zip file..

to flash the the supersu to the phone you must enter the recovery (that you flashed with flash tool...) but power and volume + is not working so we can enter the recovery with a program like nexus 4 toolkit or Android Toolkit
(2013-04-10, 21:36)guapon Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thanks in advance,
Yuly
this is flash tool

to flash the the supersu to the phone you must enter the recovery (that you flashed with flash tool...) but power and volume + is not working so we can enter the recovery with a program like nexus 4 toolkit or Android Toolkit
Ok, now I understand it Smiling
Thank you very very much - I'll get back home later and give it a try - got to push that networklocation.apk !!! Did you encounter this ? can you get google location (not with gps)?
this is flash tool

[/quote]

Hi,

Just came back, wanted to flash the recovery - but I can't seem to the MT65xx Preloader to install (I'm on windows 8 64 bit) - is there something special I need to do to install them? (I used the ones from GizBeat Combo for the H7500+ MT6589 drivers) - it just won't install the VCOM even if I select it by myself - it says it has not signtature - what am I doing wrong?
(2013-04-10, 22:11)yulypis Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thanks in advance,
Yuly
this is flash tool

Ok, now I understand it Smiling
Thank you very very much - I'll get back home later and give it a try - got to push that networklocation.apk !!! Did you encounter this ? can you get google location (not with gps)?
no my location service dont work..but if ı install gapps ıt mybe work...
no my location service dont work..but if ı install gapps ıt mybe work...
[/quote]

So it's missing in the base rom - yeah, gapps would probably solve it (or even just the networklocation.apk).
Any way I still can't install the mt65xx preloader - I really don't know how to do it, it's killing me Smiling because when the phone is on - I can see the information with mtk droid tools - even created a scatter file (just to compare) but when I turn it off for the actual flash - it's unrecognizable Sad
(2013-04-11, 01:07)yulypis Wrote: [ -> ]no my location service dont work..but if ı install gapps ıt mybe work...

So it's missing in the base rom - yeah, gapps would probably solve it (or even just the networklocation.apk).
Any way I still can't install the mt65xx preloader - I really don't know how to do it, it's killing me Smiling because when the phone is on - I can see the information with mtk droid tools - even created a scatter file (just to compare) but when I turn it off for the actual flash - it's unrecognizable Sad
[/quote]

Hi again,

I've managed (finally to trick windows 8 into installing the vcom...) to flash the chiniese green recovery - but I have no idea how to navigate and what option to choose - since I saw SD I went to that one and clicked with the power button - writes something in chinese in white and does nothing? Am I doing something wrong in here? Is there a special way to navigate that recovery?
Shoud I have placed the supersu zip in a specific folder? rename it perhaps to update.zip or something like that?

Thank you again for all your help Smiling

(2013-04-11, 02:58)yulypis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-11, 01:07)yulypis Wrote: [ -> ]no my location service dont work..but if ı install gapps ıt mybe work...

Hi again,

I've managed (finally to trick windows 8 into installing the vcom...) to flash the chiniese green recovery - but I have no idea how to navigate and what option to choose - since I saw SD I went to that one and clicked with the power button - writes something in chinese in white and does nothing? Am I doing something wrong in here? Is there a special way to navigate that recovery?
Shoud I have placed the supersu zip in a specific folder? rename it perhaps to update.zip or something like that?

Thank you again for all your help Smiling
[/quote]

It works - thank you all that helped and got us here Smiling
Pages: 1 2