www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Unable to connect via USB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

This issue might be a real challenge to solve. At least for me.

I recently bought two iNew i6000 devices (The same as Firefly V65 and Actwell i6000). One for me and one for my father.

One of them works fine. The other one cannot connect with a computer via USB.

Problem description:
When plugging in the micro USB to the computer the device says "Charger has been linked". At this point, the working device says something like "Successfully connected device to PC". Looking into Windows device manager it does not find any new device.

Things I have already tried:
- Using different computers (Windows 7/8 and Mac)
- Using 3 different cables
- Resetting to factory defaults
- Installing the drivers manually. This was hard, as normally an connected device is required to do this.

Details about my device:
- iNew i6000 2/32 GB
- MTK6589 Quad Core CPU
- Android version 4.2.1

Other than the USB issue and some other small details the phone works well.

Any takers for this challenge? I'd appreciate every input that can take me closer to a solution Big Grin
By the way,

I have got an offer from iNew to send back the phone for repair. I'm not quite sure how good a solution this is.
Does anyone have some experience with this process? How long should I expect it takes? Do they actually do anything or just make a quick test?
It will depend on the shop and how you ship it. Absolute best case scenerio - 3 weeks and the phone is working when you get it back. That's shipping EMS or DHL both ways. They get the phone and are able to replace it or repair it within 2 or 3 days, and get it shipped right back out to you.