www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Looking for a good Android phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, how's going? Cool As I already mentioned it the thread subject I am looking for Android phone. I don't really care about the price, because the thing is, you gotta to spend a certain amount of money if you want to get a good phone. I was checking out Sony Xperia Z and Samsung Galaxy Note II but the thing is I like both of them and I stuck! According to the numbers here http://comperio.co/en/smartphones/sony-x...n7105.html Sony is better, but I kinda like the look of Samsung Galaxy and I've some experience with Samsungs but none with Sony. Anyone is using Sony here? Are they any different comparing to Samsung? Would you really recommend it? I don't like it when I'm confused! Dodgy
I'd definitely get the Sony, at these differences in screen size and resolution you're probably going to prefer the Z's screen.
Also the water resistance is a very cool feature and could save you from accidental water damage.
I personally love how the Z looks, the Note II is just another samsung style slate.
I've had a Sony-Ericsson and some people i know have a Sony device and, as far as I know, nobody is complaining.
The build quality probably won't differ that much, although sony tends to use a stiffer plastic than samsung does.
But that doesn't really tell you anything about how tough a device is.
One thing I found on the web is that the Z was shipped with a wrong kind of tempered glass that cracks by itself, but that Sony will replace it on any phone that suffers from this (source).
If a great battery life is "a must have" for you... then, imho the choice is easy. Note 2.
If you think you're gonna use the s-pen a lot, then, again, easy choice. Note 2.
In all the others case, I'll try the Sony. In the everyday/all-around use the Z is really good.
(the handling of Note 2 is not so good... I found it slippery... but hey, 2 days, 7 hours screen always in 3G with a full charge!)
im more of a Samsung fan personally, then again Chinese clones or chinese phone models are way cheaper.
I've never been a huge fan of samsung so I'll easy recommend the sony, but both are amazing and their pros & cons and its up to you to you to see what pros you want and what cons we can live with.