www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: the dorkiest thing to do with that your inew v3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well i have a smartphone 1 year old now. the glass on camera have many scratches. even i never dropped the phone. just normal in and out the pocket. the picture come not good now because many small scratches. so i decided to do something silly. but it's first version. so don't at laugh me too much!

Big Grin

first just some piece of plastic. cut from some thing i was to throw away. then wrap it in the textured tape. the rest you understand.
[attachment=676]

[attachment=675]

[attachment=677]
Love the idea of a day mod/repair/fix thread
I can see what you are trying to do but I think it will fail for a few reasons.
The taped on bit will catch constantly when removing from pocket and keep coming off.
The taped on bit will be a fluff magnet when it comes off in pocket (velcro loves pocket lint!)
You will get annoyed at all the missed photos/moments whilst you remove the cover and put it somewhere safe so that you can take a picture.

Great idea, not so great execution.

I would ssuggest that instead you could cut a circle from a screen protector and apply that (one screen protector should be able to make lots of lens gaurds)
You will lose some quality as screen guards are not optical quality but should be better than hated scratches on the lens.

The other option if these phones become popular enough is to swap rear chassis if and when lens is damaged (have done this several times on galaxy s1 and s2)

Regards shanos
It's probably very possible to buff out the scratches on your camera lens. I suspect if it's truly glass it wouldn't be scratched from normal pocket wear, therefore it's likely a plastic lens. Initially you could try a car wax to see if it makes any difference. If you want to be a little more abrasive, I recommend starting with Meguiar's Plast-X.

I know I sound like a lunatic using car care products on a phone. But I think it'd work. Smiling