www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Help with T-mobile Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems as though my i6000 doesn't get any service with a 3g sim card. Can someone give me a step by step on how i could fix this? Also im not very tech savy when it comes to rooting and all so i it would be cool to get a very detailed tutorial.Doh
Any service, or just 3G? Have you set an APN for T-Mobile? (settings -> mobile networks)
(2014-01-19, 21:41)zerofivenosh Wrote: [ -> ]It seems as though my i6000 doesn't get any service with a 3g sim card. Can someone give me a step by step on how i could fix this? Also im not very tech savy when it comes to rooting and all so i it would be cool to get a very detailed tutorial.Doh

You can't fix it. T-Mobile operates on 1900MHz WCDMA.

If you want a chance at 3G, you need to use AT&T or AT&T MVNO. Much of AT&T is 850, so you may be able to get 3G with them. Test a friend's SIM, or just buy a month's service from an MVNO to test it out. I recommend Air Voice. SIM is only .99 through eBay.
(2014-01-19, 23:29)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-19, 21:41)zerofivenosh Wrote: [ -> ]It seems as though my i6000 doesn't get any service with a 3g sim card. Can someone give me a step by step on how i could fix this? Also im not very tech savy when it comes to rooting and all so i it would be cool to get a very detailed tutorial.Doh

You can't fix it. T-Mobile operates on 1900MHz WCDMA.

If you want a chance at 3G, you need to use AT&T or AT&T MVNO. Much of AT&T is 850, so you may be able to get 3G with them. Test a friend's SIM, or just buy a month's service from an MVNO to test it out. I recommend Air Voice. SIM is only .99 through eBay.

Well this is a sucky end to this thread...The service provider, Metro PCS(uses Tmoble SIMs), did not register my account on to the SIM card. Went to another dealer (ironically smaller building and staffed) guy got it done and every thing is mello. The sturggle i went through for this phone is so epic i would only let Morgan Freeman tell it. Also im using the 19000MHz GSM and its working fine.
Yes 1900GSM (2g) is no problem.
Hello, Can someone please share their modem.img? I need the one from the version that is 3G 1900/2100, Thanks in advance.