www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Screen sensitivity?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone else noticed the touchscreen to be over sensitive?

Sometimes it seems to be reacting to touches that didn't even touch the screen (more like a brushing of the screen with a fingertip).

Any way to turn down sensitivity?
Yes, I had this problem. Best thing to do is flash another ROM. The two best ROMs are the Sony Xperia ROM and the ZP990-ROM (search this forum).
I am having the same problem. The screen sometimes registers touches even if the finger doesn't touch the screen, or I get double or triple touches.

It seems this gets much better though when the stylus is removed from the phone. Could you try that, if it helps for you too?
I wonder why that would solve the problem... but this is the case when your phone is connected to charger; you sometimes completely lose control over your screen when the phone is connected to charger, when you remove the cable it's slightly better. With the ROM I'm using now there's (almost... not 100%, but very acceptable) no problem with the touch screen.
Try the following

Add another line in the build.prop(in the system file)

view.touch_slop=14

If still sensitive, then change the value to 13, or 12 or......
Very interesting this tip, Steven. Is there a way to adjust the settings in build.prop to make the touch pen respond when on USB charger or is this done in another way?

Also, can I change the device name in build.prop from Firefly to -let's say- iPhone 36? Big Grin
(2014-01-30, 20:35)Squier Wrote: [ -> ]Very interesting this tip, Steven. Is there a way to adjust the settings in build.prop to make the touch pen respond when on USB charger or is this done in another way?

Also, can I change the device name in build.prop from Firefly to -let's say- iPhone 36? Big Grin

Yes. You can change the name to iphone 36. no harm

I learn the trick from China forum. Not too if it work for the sensitive . I did come across ghost touch. But after flashing new ROM, then the problem solved.
Thanks for your quick reply. I'll search the internet for some more build.prop tweaks, this may be very interesting (e.g. saving battery life).
(2014-01-30, 21:12)Squier Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your quick reply. I'll search the internet for some more build.prop tweaks, this may be very interesting (e.g. saving battery life).

I was thinking the same thing as far as battery as i still know users who are having issues with charging their device. Computer will pick it up, but it wont charge. They've flashed and reflashed until they turned green...no luck. Also, I did get my phone to work by the way, (Remember I lost all sound). I flashed the OTA update for Firefly. Well let me explain a little bit more. I used the recovery that you suggested, did data wipe as usual, and I ALSO wiped the system part manually this time before installing. And that fix it.

Also, while on this rom, i keep getting that my sdcard has been safely removed. Any idea?
Glad you solved your sound problem. About the SD card... somehow this sounds familiar, but it doesn't affect the use of your phone does it?
Pages: 1 2