www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Who makes the Runbo X5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whats up folks! I'm a noob. I'm rocking a Runbo X5, and lemme tell you, their customer service sucks!
Anyway after hard bricking it I noticed that it showed up as an Alcatel phone when I pulled it into my computer. Then today I was watching the window when I connected it to computer while turned on and one of the device drivers said My HTC. I'm trying to figure out who actually MAKES this phone because I was thinking of maybe using their version of Jelly Bean on my X5. Any ideas?
(2014-01-22, 09:42)jawara Wrote: [ -> ]Whats up folks! I'm a noob. I'm rocking a Runbo X5, and lemme tell you, their customer service sucks!
Anyway after hard bricking it I noticed that it showed up as an Alcatel phone when I pulled it into my computer. Then today I was watching the window when I connected it to computer while turned on and one of the device drivers said My HTC. I'm trying to figure out who actually MAKES this phone because I was thinking of maybe using their version of Jelly Bean on my X5. Any ideas?
I think I answered my own question last night. I tried a rom from a different phone and bricked my runbo. I showed up again as an Alcatel RNDIS so I think the Runbo X5 is a dressed up Alcatel phone.
Hey Jawara, Runbo actually makes their own phones.

"Interestingly, Yang straight up admitted that his company, Tintele, used to make shanzhai phones, but the direction changed after spending a year developing the bulky Runbo phones."
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

That it shows up as Alcatel or HTC doesn't really tell you anything, just that your phone uses the same way of connecting to your pc as allot of other phones does.
I've also had a Zopo C2, ZP810, Feiteng H9500 and a Jiayu G3s show up as an Alcatel RNDIS device or something from HTC.
(2014-01-23, 01:41)MaxP101 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

That it shows up as Alcatel or HTC doesn't really tell you anything, just that your phone uses the same way of connecting to your pc as allot of other phones does.
I've also had a Zopo C2, ZP810, Feiteng H9500 and a Jiayu G3s show up as an Alcatel RNDIS device or something from HTC.
Thanks brother, I appreciate that. Do you know if their is a custom X5 Jelly Bean rom or an EIUI rom?
I couldn't find one, so I guess there aren't any; I did find some original roms.
One from [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], and one from the [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], but that download is painstakingly slow.
(2014-01-23, 02:20)MaxP101 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], and one from the [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], but that download is painstakingly slow.

Yeah the Runbo website SUCKS! Even with google chrome translating it leaves a lot to be desired...... I'll give the one from needrom a shot, I think I've used that rom before I erased everything. I don't think it has Jelly Bean on it.

Do you know someone who writes custom roms?