www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: CWM recovery for new phone coolpad 7295
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

My friend gifted me a new phone for new year.
Ordered from taobao.com ( [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&id=35899766004)
It is supposedly coolpad 7295. I am looking to flash a english ROM on this phone.
I rooted the phone and tried installing CWM recovery downloaded from needrom.com ([Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register])

Used serveral tools to flash the recovery ( Shaume, ROOT, ROM Manager, terminal emulator) but it was going in Android recovery only.

The I used MobileUncle tool to flash the recovery. There was no error. But now phone does not boot in recover mode at all ( not even in Android recovery). It just reboots and starts.

Any help in flashing correct recovery and ROM is welcome.
(2014-01-22, 15:13)milindmb Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&id=35899766004)
It is supposedly coolpad 7295. I am looking to flash a english ROM on this phone.
I rooted the phone and tried installing CWM recovery downloaded from needrom.com ([Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register])

Used serveral tools to flash the recovery ( Shaume, ROOT, ROM Manager, terminal emulator) but it was going in Android recovery only.

The I used MobileUncle tool to flash the recovery. There was no error. But now phone does not boot in recover mode at all ( not even in Android recovery). It just reboots and starts.

Any help in flashing correct recovery and ROM is welcome.

I have a different phone ma for me worked and saved me for installing a CWM recovery.
try to use this software [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I think you must have root and adb driver installed. Let me know if worked. Bye
milindmb

I know this is an oldish post, but if you come back sometime you may like to reply to hesediel

1) Now the good thing about mobileuncle is you can use it to flash a new recovery image
----the fact that your phone rebooted into normal mode.......is evidence that you flashed the wrong recovery
-------and the size of the recovery was not excessive to your dumchar information.

I will explain that later if you come back. In the meantime, I suggest you download official needrom full rom you can find here
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

There appears to be 2 but ONLY one appears to be a match for 7295.....the other says 7295A

unrar it.......it should unpack to reveal a number of packages including a recovery.img

copy that onto your SD card as recovery-official.img (lower case)
use mobileuncle to "update recovery"
---it searches for all files that start with recovery

install it and reboot to test.

It is highly likely it will be either a Chinese recovery or a English not so good CWM recovery.

2) once confirmed you can then try to make a CWM recovery for your phone from tutorials here

good luck