www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [MT6572 Primo F2] SIM not detected, pttycmd1 not found, NVRAM empty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I 'whole formatted' my MT6572 based Walton Primo F2 phone with SP Flash Tool.
Then I flashed the official firmware of this phone with SP Flash Tool.
Now the phone works fine but it does not detect SIM.
Also, the IMEI is shown as 'Invalid' for both SIM slots when I input *#06#.
When I try to fix IMEI from MTK Droid Tools it shows 'ERROR : pttycmd1 device NOT found!'.
Also, MTK Droid Tools shows 'Baseband v: -----'.
I am sure the problem is that when I formatted the phone it wiped the NVRAM region too.
So the phone has no baseband or radio files right now.
Although, WiFi still works perfectly.
Now the official firmware of Primo F2 does not contain any nvram.bin file.
It does contain a BPLGU file but I can't seem to modify IMEI with SN Write Station or Maui META etc.
Probably SN Write Station and Maui META etc. only modify IMEI when baseband or radio files are already present on the phone.
So I think the only way out for me is to flash a nvram.bin with SP Flash Tool.
Any ideas whether I am on the right track or not?
If I am, then how can I get nvram.bin file for my phone?
Can it be generated from BPLGU file somehow?
As you people can see that I have tried a lot of things, so please suggest/advise accordingly.
Any help would be appreciated Smiling
(2014-01-24, 00:08)threat Wrote: [ -> ]I 'whole formatted' my MT6572 based Walton Primo F2 phone with SP Flash Tool.
Then I flashed the official firmware of this phone with SP Flash Tool.
Now the phone works fine but it does not detect SIM.
Also, the IMEI is shown as 'Invalid' for both SIM slots when I input *#06#.
When I try to fix IMEI from MTK Droid Tools it shows 'ERROR : pttycmd1 device NOT found!'.
Also, MTK Droid Tools shows 'Baseband v: -----'.
I am sure the problem is that when I formatted the phone it wiped the NVRAM region too.
So the phone has no baseband or radio files right now.
Although, WiFi still works perfectly.
Now the official firmware of Primo F2 does not contain any nvram.bin file.
It does contain a BPLGU file but I can't seem to modify IMEI with SN Write Station or Maui META etc.
Probably SN Write Station and Maui META etc. only modify IMEI when baseband or radio files are already present on the phone.
So I think the only way out for me is to flash a nvram.bin with SP Flash Tool.
Any ideas whether I am on the right track or not?
If I am, then how can I get nvram.bin file for my phone?
Can it be generated from BPLGU file somehow?
As you people can see that I have tried a lot of things, so please suggest/advise accordingly.
Any help would be appreciated Smiling
Thumbs Up
hi.I have this problem white 2 ztouch-mtk572 9" tablet and very trying by difrent
method.but any don't work!?
please helpCan't lookDohCrying
MSTF-MN
Good day every one

I am equally have same problem and have tried all possible means. I dont know if the NVRAM.bin file will really help solve problem. Looking forward to the genus who will help belay us out of this mess. It is really frustrating not have your network detecting sim card.
(2014-01-29, 17:59)neo2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Good day every one

I am equally have same problem and have tried all possible means. I dont know if the NVRAM.bin file will really help solve problem. Looking forward to the genus who will help belay us out of this mess. It is really frustrating not have your network detecting sim card.

solution
no imei ; no detect sim wirelless nvram error....
i am a newbie here but ive figured out how you can getyour radio back.......fromthe backup of your firmware youll discover that you have a secro.img file.Use spflash tools to load your scatter then go to secro highlight it if its not highlighted (by default its not)then you need to find it disable all other imgs and bins only highlight the secro or nodl secro.Flash it and you will notice that sim cards will now bedetected but still with no imei.Use ur mtk droid tools to replace the imei neither from the nvram.bin and userdata nvramonly.tar files or just enter the new imei and you are done reebooot ur phone.................Smile
I have tried this and I get Error : pttycmd1 device not found.
If you think about it - if you have done a complete Scatter-flash then the secro.img will already be installed !! so i can't see how flashing that on its own can help unless of course you have a secro.img that does !!
By that last post I meant - Please send me your secro.img file. !!
I have the same problem..I unbrick my s3 mini mtk6575. my phone works fine, excpt sim card, i try to fix it using maui meta/imei writer and mtk tools. I only got imei,but when i check my imei in *#06# it shows ‼imei:null, in notification, it shows ”invalid imei,” sim card still not working..
OK Yasmin will be sending you the second image file the moment I get back home in two weeks time ...hold on there buddy
(2014-04-24, 17:17)henry5000 Wrote: [ -> ]i am a newbie here but ive figured out how you can getyour radio back.......fromthe backup of your firmware youll discover that you have a secro.img file.Use spflash tools to load your scatter then go to secro highlight it if its not highlighted (by default its not)then you need to find it disable all other imgs and bins only highlight the secro or nodl secro.Flash it and you will notice that sim cards will now bedetected but still with no imei.Use ur mtk droid tools to replace the imei neither from the nvram.bin and userdata nvramonly.tar files or just enter the new imei and you are done reebooot ur phone.................Smile

Wow thank "henry5000" your method really worked.....I've been searching all over.
And you can have a look for the imie numbers on the back of your phone and use mtk droid tools and put them back
On