www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Timmy E82 CWM and Rooting instructions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for bricked phones, damaged SD cards, non working phones or thermonuclear war. Use the below at your own risk ***

Hello,

Use the following [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]to download find attach a copy of the CWM and scatter file for a Timmy E82 smartphone. I found for some reason the scatter file only works with MediaTek SP Flash Tool V5.1343.1. Any other flasher gave me errors.

Once you have CWM recovery, I did the following to root the device:

Here's what I did:

1. Ensure you have CWM flashed first.
2. Root with [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
3. Download SuperSu from Google Play and install it
4. Run SuperSU and install via CWM method when prompted, phone should reboot and installed SuperSU in recovery.
5. Now run SuperSU again and install via normal method.
6. Go into SuperSU options and use "delete other superuser apps" option.
7. It should hopefully remove KingUser (Chinese Super User) and then you have a working SuperSU and full reboot.
8. Check with root checker basic or pro
9. Download a Busybox installer and install Busybox as well.

The above worked for me. But I had a lot of trouble rooting this phone, so if it doesn't work don't ask me what I did, because honestly I'm not 100% sure Big Grin

But, if the above helps or works, hit the thank button ;)
Link for cwm is not available:

File not available
The upload was interrupted

This file is not available, because the upload was interrupted.
You will not be able to download the file.
Contact the owner if you need the file.
Odd. Ok I'll upload it again shortly.

(2014-01-27, 04:50)Android-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Odd. Ok I'll upload it again shortly.

Reloaded, to 4shared. Other file host was useless.
Wanted to also add you can install Xposed framework safely on this phone. I recommend Gravity (To add all sorts of missing features removed from Timmy's Firmware changes) and NotifyClean to hid the annoying "Insert sim 2 messages".
I'm already failing with the cwm flash. When flashing with fastboot there's an error in the end saying "partition 'recovery' not support flash". Any hints?
(2014-01-29, 20:44)Ransome Note Wrote: [ -> ]I'm already failing with the cwm flash. When flashing with fastboot there's an error in the end saying "partition 'recovery' not support flash". Any hints?

Odd, you sure your flashing it correctly?

Quote:. Flash the generated recovery:
1. Create a new folder and copy your original scatter file you created in step A1 and your patched_recovery.img into this new folder.
2. In the new folder you created, rename the patched_recovery.img to just recovery.img
3. Open SP Flash Tools, choose the scatter file you copied in the new folder and you should see that it also adds automatically the recovery (make sure it's the correct folder) - Make sure that ONLY recovery section is selected !!!!!!
- hit Download and disconnect your phone from the computer, shut it down, pull out the battery for a few seconds and then put the battery back - don't turn the phone on - just connect it to the usb - it should start the flashing of the recovery and upon successful flash - you will see the green circle ;)

As always, I did it on my own device and it worked - but I can't guarantee for any others - so use this method at your own risk !!!

If it still doesn't work use the latest copy of MTK droid tools to generate a fresh scatter file and try again
That is obviously a different approach Big Grin I wasnt able to read the root tutorials (until now, seems like i've become an honored member of this forum) in this forum, so i tested a manuall way. Gonna give it a try with sp flash tools.

Actually this " Ensure you have CWM flashed first." confused me. Thought it was something obvious to experienced phone rooters.
(2014-02-03, 16:33)tuvok71 Wrote: [ -> ]when I turn on Timmy, only the logo and off. this has come. Can I do something?

Did you follow my instructions and use the file? CWM would not result in the phone not booting unless you selected something else as well at the recovery file and broken something.

Did you make a backup before hand? Backing up is just common sense Smiling