www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Neken n6 US 3g Fix?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i recently enter the chinaphone world, i was very excited about my new phone. it arrived a week or so, and i realized tat my operator use 850 band for 3g, when i bough my neken n6 i was pretty sure that it says it supported that band... anyways, I'm stuck in 2g (Edge) all the time. i tried a bunch of fixes for other phones but no luck, i always get no signal. my question is... is there any Neken n6 user that have successfully used 3g in another band? i read a whole lot can, but are other brands, not Neken n6, and in other countries and whatnot.
Is any kind souls around who can guide me in the right direction?
i've my phone rooted with CWM recovery... and tried multiple roms without success.

Thanks
RW
you need to be on the ATT or ATT MVNO. not all ATT areas have 850. some ATT areas = 1900 3G. If in 1900 3G area you won't have any 3G. If on TMOBILE or TMOBILE MVNO, you sure won't have 3G.
Thanks for replaying... yeah i got that figure it out, but... i've at&t and many people has posted that they made 850 work in their phones, i was wondering if anyone knows how can i edit/hack/cheat my phone to connect to 850 3g band, some files i've downloaded have added the band in engineering mode, but they do nothing, is like the software is missing something. so if any one knows, i'll be grateful.
thanks
I don't think you fully understand what DirkNirk was saying.

It's possible the Neken N6 doesn't have 850WCDMA, but it's also possible you're not in an 850WCDMA service area. Some of AT&T is 1900.

Also make sure you have the 3G SIM set to the proper SIM slot.

Just use the stock firmware and basebands. Screwing around with them isn't likely to help you.
Thanks again, i know my phone only connects to 2100 bands (or does the documentation says) for wcdma 3g, so... how can i know for sure that my phone cannot be hacked into 850/1900 band? as i was saying... may people with similar phones (same baseband, cpu, os) but with different brand, have accomplished this, so i was asking if anyone have done this with a neken n6, or another neken in that case, since none have 850/1900 band by default.
Well, if you came across something it would be nice to know, since i'm stuck in Edge for now.
Cheers