www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Help please - D6000 - Cannot escape factory default - In Chinese!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I don't have much experience flashing ROM's etc, but had successfully "updated"  (by SD Card  - Update) my D6000 using the D6000_V3.4_0509-ota-eng.zip ROM from GizBeat's ROM thread. 

Phone ran fine for several months, but started booting to the UI - but then intermittently got the "System UI not responding" - with Wait or OK buttons. Pressing neither button did anything, so was having to reboot (Pwr and Vol Up) - which sometimes then resulted in the phone booting OK.

To try and resolve this, I ended up doing a "Wipe data/ Factory reset"  - thinking I'd then be able to work on rooting the phone and flashing another ROM etc. Unfortunately  what I'd not anticipated was it resetting to a Chinese UI !   Doh 

I'm guessing that there's an obvious answer to this, but What I really don't understand is that in "About phone" (all navigations done by ref to another phone!) it shows Android Version as still being 5.1.1, Baseband M8939.......V3.4, and the Kernel Version 3.10.49-perf. This is all as it was - before I did the Factory reset.

Following the instructions in GB's "Innos D6000 root gapps temporary TWRP custom recovery how to tutorial guide" (Thanks again Giz!) I flashed SuperSu.zip and installed permanent TWRP. Then used it to install the original ROM as above. 

This appeared to work - TWRP showed: - "No MD5 file found, Patching system image unconditionally, patching fimware images, Script succeeded: result was [t].........Update partition details.......Done" and the "Successful" message at the top of the TWRP screen.
When I rebooted however it was back to the same Chinese UI Huh - Have since re-tried after wiping everything and even after getting the "No O/S installed" msg, phone still boots to same Chinese UI. (Am assuming that this is stored on the ROM somewhere and hidden or protected?).

Any advice on how to escape from this Chinese stranglehold and save what little is left of my sanity will be extremely appreciated - obviously I am an Android noobie when it comes to flashing rom's etc!

Many thanks - In hope!