www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Just got my iNew V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay so on the whole it seems pretty damn good. Few niggles however, not sure if they are common or not but we will see.

The most annoying is the noise the phone makes when unlocking it, refreshing the liked of twitter or Facebook and taking a picture. It makes some weird pop noose a day hisses for half a second then pops again. Just my phone?

It also came with a small mark on the screen which is permanently etched on so it seems which is quite annoying,flawless screen otherwise.

Also, I read a lot about time/date bug and a memory bug? My time and date is fine and it'd showing I have 13.53gb of memory available. Did I get the 'new' v3?

I also didn't receive an extra battery which I thought I would as it was what 1949deal. Seemed to be offering?

Thanks guys
That strange echo when opening and closing I believe is part of the sound. Mine does it as well.

The battery is only sent if you used the correct coupon code. What coupon code did you use? It's also sometimes sent separately depending on shipping method.

There should be no marks on the screen. Make sure it's not part of the screen guard. When you get it, it will have 2 layers of screen guard.
(2014-01-28, 11:09)J.Pinkman Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I read a lot about time/date bug and a memory bug? My time and date is fine and it'd showing I have 13.53gb of memory available. Did I get the 'new' v3?

Time/date bug is not specific to this phone. Other MTK phones have it too. But it's can be solved many different ways (I counted 4 so far; 2 of them corrects the problem 100%). Memory "bug" is not a bug, it's a feature, but not everyone likes it, so it may seem it's a bug to some people. But there are partition mods which can change that (but unfortunately not in 1.0.4 firmare). So don't worry, you have the new iNew Smiling

(2014-01-28, 13:06)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]That strange echo when opening and closing I believe is part of the sound. Mine does it as well.

It wouldn't be so hard to find and copy the sound file to PC, and check it out there... Smiling
Sorry for the offtopic, but I sent you a PM, Burs. I'm not sure if this site gives email notifications, so I'm not sure if you know you received it.
(2014-01-28, 13:06)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]That strange echo when opening and closing I believe is part of the sound. Mine does it as well.

The battery is only sent if you used the correct coupon code. What coupon code did you use? It's also sometimes sent separately depending on shipping method.

There should be no marks on the screen. Make sure it's not part of the screen guard. When you get it, it will have 2 layers of screen guard.
There is no way to get rid of it? It's not really a sounds its more the speakers are seemingly turning on and then turning off again, hard to explain.

Ahh I didn't know about it having two layers, that's most likely the issues. I didn't use a coupon code I just saw everyone asking for them before they bought and they agreed to it? I asked for one at the end of the order in the comments box, guess that didn't work ha.

And yeah the About Phone section tells me I have the inew V3-E infact.

Thanks guys
I know what you're talking about. It's like a clicking sound. Yes?

You can change that sound. You need to be rooted. Convert any MP3 to 96k ogg. And replace lock.ogg and unlock.ogg in /system/media/audio/ui

You need to have used a coupon code to get the battery and the discount.

It's interesting your firmware seems to be the latest. What other info does it say in the firmware and kernel version (dates etc.. ) And is it possible to show a pic of the sticker under the battery?
(2014-01-28, 18:08)Aletheus Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the offtopic, but I sent you a PM, Burs. I'm not sure if this site gives email notifications, so I'm not sure if you know you received it.

I replied yesterday to your email address, because you don't have private messaging turned on in your profile. Please check your inbox of your mail account which you used to register on this forum. And before all that, enable private messaging so we don't spam this thread anymore.
(2014-01-28, 20:05)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]I know what you're talking about. It's like a clicking sound. Yes?

You can change that sound. You need to be rooted. Convert any MP3 to 96k ogg. And replace lock.ogg and unlock.ogg in /system/media/audio/ui

You need to have used a coupon code to get the battery and the discount.

It's interesting your firmware seems to be the latest. What other info does it say in the firmware and kernel version (dates etc.. ) And is it possible to show a pic of the sticker under the battery?
Thank you. Is rooting easy? No chance to brick the phone?

I can't take a picture my last phone I dropped in water and the camera stopped working hence why I bought this.

Model number: V3-E

4.2.2 Android version

Kernel version: 3.4.5
Jan 17th 2014 11:28:07
If you are talking about the sound when you close or open the flip case and lock/unlock, just go to audio settings and uncheck something like lockscreen sounds.
Nope its not that. I get a noise when I refresh twitter/Facebook. Send/receive a message on whatsapp. Every time I watch a video, I get a pop and then a second or two of crackling noise then another pop. I'm not sure if Gizbeat had the same issue because it's infuriating and it would be a bigger problem?
Pages: 1 2