www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: NFC broken pin - GPS related?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, when i was trying to lift the NFC pins, i accidentally broke one (it snapped very easily). Although i don't need the NFC feature, what i care mostly is the GPS signal.
I have flashed from scratch the 1.04 rom, ran fastergps and followed Gizbeat's tutorial for improving gps signal, but with no avail. I can only see 2 satellites with GPS test.
I searched in all the galaxy s4 related threads about NFC problems and i have nowhere saw that NFC and GPS receiver are related, except in this forum, meaning the post from elita.

So, my question is: are these receivers both connected?
Also, if i put a copper wire into the broken pin, will it fix my problem, or will i need something else?
For copper wire, i mean something like this:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Or maybe do i need aluminium wire?

Thank you for your replies Big Grin
Yes, you can use copper or anything that conducts electricity. Maybe try to find a little spring that sits in there and makes contact with the broken pin part and the contact on the inside of the case.

Was your GPS working fine before that pin snapped?
Yes, you're correct. Both NFC and GPS use the same antenna sticked on the back cover. So I would say the reason for not locking onto more sattelites is exactly that broken pin. I think any material would replace it well, except paper, plastic or rubber Smiling
Thanks for your prompt reply dear GIzbeat. I was getting 6 to 7 satellites almost instantly while i was static, but while driving, the phone was keep getting lost signal, both in igo primo and sygic. Ok, i will try the fix with the copper wire and i will get back for update.
Actually I had the same problem, my pin broke as well, I didnt fix it yet, but my gps is as fine as it was before it locks almost instantly, so I dont think there's any connection between the two
(2014-01-29, 00:05)balambuc Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I had the same problem, my pin broke as well, I didnt fix it yet, but my gps is as fine as it was before it locks almost instantly, so I dont think there's any connection between the two

Yeap, i made a factory reset and now it's working fine, even while driving. Tomorrow i will try the copper wire fix, to see if it's locking faster.
(2014-01-29, 00:05)balambuc Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I had the same problem, my pin broke as well, I didnt fix it yet, but my gps is as fine as it was before it locks almost instantly, so I dont think there's any connection between the two

My nfc works well after I pulled out the pin. The GPS satellites continues to lose while using navigator. if I stay still the location is fairly accurate but when I move starts to go away
(2014-01-29, 16:27)luckebar Wrote: [ -> ]

My nfc works well after I pulled out the pin. The GPS satellites continues to lose while using navigator. if I stay still the location is fairly accurate but when I move starts to go away

Yes i corfirm, i have the same problem
(2014-01-29, 17:05)gton Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

PS. Which ROM are you using ?
(2014-02-06, 19:48)peanek Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

PS. Which ROM are you using ?

Hi
my version is 1.0.4
Pages: 1 2