www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: JLinksz K960 'Device is not certified by Google'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day Forum,

I have a JLinkSZ K960 tablet
Android 5 installed.

I recently side-installed an App 'DSTV Now'.  (from apkpure.com)
From time-to-time the App stops with error  'Device is not certified by Google'.
Looking at the PlayStore >> Settings >>> I see the message  'Device is not certified by Google'  related.

Is there anyway around this to 'fake' the Playstore setting such
 that the DSTV App wiill  'see'  it as  'certified'.

Thank you for your informed and valuable feedback.

Regards,
Gerhard
Cape Town, South Africa
Hello GertJL, to my knowledge there is no way to fake the certification.
GizBeatHello GertJL, to my knowledge there is no way to fake the certification.

Hi GizBeat,

Thank you for your reply.
  I was afraid that that will be the answer to my question.

Is there any other alternatives or work-arounds / roms etc,
 other than getting another tablet which is 'certified' ?

btw - which s/w tools can one use to read/modify the Tablet's rom info and hardware platform specs,
  or to root / unroot the device.  Or pointers to 'how to's or YT vids etc

As you probably gather, I am rather a novice re  tinkering with Android devices internals,
 however, I have strong electronics knowledge base and experience, since I do s/w & h/w
development on various proc platforms.  But this tinkering will be new to me,
particularly finding the correct 'hacking' s/w etc.

Thanks for any further pointers to help me on my way.

Regards,
Gerhard
The process and standards required for achieving certification is intensive and certification comes from Google servers, not something that can be modified on the device. If you've got the latest ROM and it's not certified, it's likely you'll never have that device certified (China brands like this only put out 2 or 3 updates (if lucky))
(2018-09-18, 15:36)GizBeat Wrote: [ -> ]The process and standards required for achieving certification is intensive and certification comes from Google servers, not something that can be modified on the device. If you've got the latest ROM and it's not certified, it's likely you'll never have that device certified (China brands like this only put out 2 or 3 updates (if lucky))

Hi Gizbeat,

Thank you for your response.

My conclusion : Get another 'certified' tablet.

Regards,
Gerhard