www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Gps settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

My gps locks very quickly, but when used with any navigation software it keeps losing lock, or thinks i'm in a field 100 metres away!
I have had a look in "mobileuncle tools" and can see there are a few settings that can be tweeked. Are there any adjustments I should make that would improve things, or should I leave it as standard?
Thanks

Paul.
(2014-02-03, 03:37)Paulyboy Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Quote:Hello,

I'm having some issue with GPS too. There is no problem directly with having fix, device is locking faster that in 30 seconds. But after that when I am trying to use google maps(navigation in car), it i not possible. My location seems to act very chatotic, thinks I am moving when I am still on intersection, then after minute is immediately lose coverage. And it is going round and round the same. I have tried to fix a location for more that 10 minutes, leaving iNew on clear sky and have no luck.
I too have encountered this problem. I noticed that with EngineerMode -> Location -> Location Based Services -> view. the height of the satellites hardly arrives at the second line, instead with my zp980 there are always three or four that arrive to the second line. This means that the intensity of the received signal is lower, this means that in the navigation signal is not accurate. There is no configuration to change this is just an antenna problem.

Some say that the GPS antenna is the same as the nfc. maybe adjusting that could be solved. I broke one of the pins and I can not test.
(2014-02-06, 17:44)luckebar Wrote: [ -> ]I too have encountered this problem. I noticed that with EngineerMode -> Location -> Location Based Services -> view. the height of the satellites hardly arrives at the second line, instead with my zp980 there are always three or four that arrive to the second line. This means that the intensity of the received signal is lower, this means that in the navigation signal is not accurate. There is no configuration to change this is just an antenna problem.

Some say that the GPS antenna is the same as the nfc. maybe adjusting that could be solved. I broke one of the pins and I can not test.

Yes, that is true what You saying about option in MobileUncle Tools -> Location etc.
It is weird, because V3 catches fix very fast, in 10 seconds max in my case, but signal itself is weak....

I have tried to pull up connector to NFC antenna (as you say this is the same for GPS) for few times, but without success. Is it for sure antenna problem ? Which ROM are you using ? For now I flashed 1.0.4 Ultimate. Maybe I'll try to make a backup of my actual ROM and flash stock 1.0.3 to see if problem will occur.

One more thing - on a lot of pictures of Inew V3 without back cover - connectors to NFC/GPS antenna looks like this one :
[Image: 920126809_506.jpg]
and I believe this looks way better than in my V3 :
[Image: 919948871_233.jpg]
Unfortunately on 1.0.3 ultimate nothing changed, GPS is still useless...
Someone has any idea how to solve this ?
as soon as I get my new welder, disassemble it to adjust the pin broke and I also try to repair or replace the GPS antenna if possible. Io ho la 1.0.4 ultimate
I've broke my pin too ;) Someone has idea where can i buy this kind of connector we have got in our iNew V3 ?
Hi,

I have new iNew V3 with the same GPS problem.
gps locks very quickly, but when used with any navigation software it keeps losing lock.
what is exactly NFC/GPS connector? I saw the picturebut I don't know to identify this connector? can someone mark it on the picture
If I want to connect an external GPA anntena, where shuld I connet it?

Thanks

Lior
The connectors are the two gold pin between the flash LED and the camera.

Well, I heard the click, I thought it would be ok. Unfortunately, it's not. I have no loss of the signal but, often, I have a wrong position. Sometimes, even when I stop the car, I can see a horizontal translation toward a wrong place.

Maybe I need to change "Horizontal Accurancy" to 0 in the "Location Engineer Mode" menu.

Someone has good result using the GPS while driving ?
Having read your replies and other posts on the subject, I have given up with the V3's built in gps and have bought a Holux gpslim 236 bluetooth receiver from ebay and installed 'bluetooth GPS provider' from the play store.
I know it's not ideal to have another bit of kit in your car, but the Holux unit is fantastic, it has great signal strength and all navigation software is rock solid!
Also I don't think the gps antena is the same as the nfc as there is no loss of signal with the back cover removed.
Hope this helps.

Paul
Pages: 1 2