www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: TWRP Gizbeat Combo RTM 4.2.1 Working TWRP Recovery / 3GB / Root
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NOTE: Upload is finished. In my opinion, the home screen and app drawer in the RTM version seems choppier than the [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] based on Jaynes. So you guys will have to try them both out and let me know what you think.

First version RTM 4.2.1 Gizbeat Combo. This is the customized stock Mlias ROM 4.2.1 originally posted at CPA by mke2fs. It was customized by Wind to remove bloat and give it pre-root. The RTM 4.2.1 as it was had a non-working recovery from boot (Vol+ Power). After some trial and error, have got it working by replacing the LK.BIN from a Vietnam ROM. Also replaced EBR with 3GB EBR.

Features
• Removed bloat
• RTM 4.2.1
• 3GB Data Partition
• Pre-Rooted
• Working TWRP recovery

More detailed instructions on the main site (skip over the steps regarding root) - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Quick and dirty:
• Install [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and verify in device manager
• Run [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
• Load appropriate scatter
• Turn Off Phone, pull out the battery for 5 seconds and put it back in
• Click 'Upgrade Firmware' on Flash Tools
• Plug in Phone - You will see it install the rom. Takes about 2 or 3 minutes. It should finish with a green circle
• Bam you're a ninja.

Enjoy Big Grin
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Hi bro!
Which rom was the base? stock Zopo, or MX56 Mlias ?
(2013-04-11, 20:26)kamillo67 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi bro!

They are both the same ROM. Just different branding (Logo / wallpaper). This is the pre-rooted Mlias version.
(2013-04-11, 20:33)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]

They are both the same ROM. Just different branding (Logo / wallpaper). This is the pre-rooted Mlias version.
Ok wait for it.
Does work the TWRP normaly?
(2013-04-11, 20:40)kamillo67 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-11, 20:33)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok wait for it.
Does work the TWRP normaly?

Yes. Finally we have working TWRP with normal boot animation and 4.2.1.

That's the main point of this Combo. To include the recovery fix. Decided to put the 3GB EBR as well. If someone doesn't like 3GB, just replace the EBRs with what they like (see EBR partition thread).
Antutu scoring 13013 (i think if i get me a decent class 10 micro sd i would score more).

thx for hard work Gizbeat.
I installed it, but i can't start the TWRP
Not work the vol+ and power, always the normal mode starts. Sad
(2013-04-12, 16:13)kamillo67 Wrote: [ -> ]I installed it, but i can't start the TWRP
Not work the vol+ and power, always the normal mode starts. Sad

Try it again Kamillo. Hold volume+ first for a second. Then press power and hold them both.

Normal mode won't start unless you let go of Vol+. If there's some problem with recovery, the logo will stay solid or it will enter a bootloop.
THX Blush
I pressed the power button too early Angry
(when I used cwm it worked firstly)
(2013-04-12, 17:07)kamillo67 Wrote: [ -> ]THX Blush
I pressed the power button too early Angry
(when I used cwm it worked firstly)

Excellent.