www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Superuser but no root.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i started rooting my W450 MTK6582 Phone them the power cut out mid root. now my phone has superuser installed but no root acess but mtk flash tools recognize it as rooted. so since i'm fairly new to the android scene, there's a way to remove Superuser and do a propper re-root on the phone or it's somewhat soft bricked?

PS: Using Root explorer i managed to only change the "/" to read and write. couldn't mount system on write.
HI

I know this is post is oldish. Have you resolved your issues yet.

In particular as you may have a su executable installed, go into playstore and download a terminal then try this

Code:
su
id
(see below and if image is same as below)
mount -o remount,rw /system
mount | busybox grep /system

confirm first image is
[Image: 20r5r0h.jpg]

That last command has an image to be confirmed as well
[Image: 2vrsyvk.jpg]

2) Have you used the Windows tutorials here at CPA to root your device?

3) What kind of recovery image is currently working on this phone?
Chinese CWM
English cut down stock.....meaning its not a proper working CWM
CWM, CTR,TWRP etc
If you want to do it the easy way, use vroot. It has an option to re-root devices that have lost root. This will effectively make your phone rooted again. After that, just reinstall superuser / supersu and busybox.
I know some people advice against using vroot, but for me it has worked on all devices (including tablets and even on kitkat) and has saved me a lot of time.