www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: problem nstalling new rom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i'm trying to install a sony xperia 2 rom but every time after i wipe the phone and go for install it goes and then says: installation abort.

could this be because i have other stuff on my sd card or something?

and can anyone give me the combination to reboot in the recovery ?

now i just use cwm to go in recovery
it might be the zip but its a xperia c that i found on this forum with good comments so that seems to be fine

it's the first time i install a new rom so migt be doing something wrong
Possibly you're confused.

CWM is a custom recovery. You don't use it to go into recovery.

The most likely situation is that you don't have a custom recovery (CWM/TWRP etc..), which is normally required to install firmware/ROM with SD Update.

If I'm incorrect, I apologize. If I'm correct, then the next step is to flash a custom recovery. They're available in the iNew i6000 forum.
i have romanager and the addon it needs.

but when i load a rom in cwm and click install new rom it just reboots to ztandatd recovery
Now we can be sure you don't have CWM. You can't have standard recovery and CWM at the same time.

You may have ROM Manager and downloaded a recovery, but that doesn't mean it's flashed.

You need to be rooted to flash recovery from within Android, or flash it with SP Flash Tools.

If you're rooted, make sure it's named recovery.img. Copy it to your SD and flash it with Mobile Uncle. Otherwise, flash it via SP Flash Tools.
already done but thanks

sony logo on the screen now, i read somewhere this could take 15 mins but you kan stop it, is that true?
good you finally figured that out. It's common mistake for first time about cwm.

You factory reset after install the firmware? If not, then do that.
I'll do that now, thanks
I installed this Rom because the original screen kept tripping like he'll,pushing buttons on itself and being hypersensitive
Just installed Google play with cwm and changed the touch speed but it still has its own life sometimes, how can I fix this?
I don't have that with the Xperia ROM, but I do think this is just a software bug, no hardware problem. Just try a few of the other ROMs there are out there, you may want to try this one:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
I'll keep this one for a while, it's much more stable than the original rom except for the screen sensitivity

And i'm a little annoyed that the homescreen doesn't rotate with the screen but I just guess smartphones don't do that at all or something
Because my tablet does so i'm kindda used to it
Pages: 1 2 3