www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Buying First Chinese Phone, Advice Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys

I currently have a Nokia Lumia 920, Overall I like the phone but am tired of the rigid OS and the lack of app support. My initial plan was replace it with a Samsung Galaxy S3 (apprx $200) which is very similar spec wise to my 920 but with an Android OS.

So i though why make a lateral move when I can upgrade for the same price if I go to a Chinese phone.

After just a little research I really like the iNew V3.

Here is what I need/want in a phone.
GSM
Micro Sim compatible
5" screen
quad core
white
Decent battery life
would prefer at least 16GB of internal memory

So feel free to make a recommendation for other phones

I also looked at the iOcean X7S elite, it about 70 more which is okay with me but I want to make sure the 70 dollars is worth something, does an 8 core phone translate to any real world performance differences, and does it reduce battery life compared to a quad core?

My big main question though, is about play store compatibility, I bought a chinese tablet that wore me out because half of the apps in the play store didnt work, and the whole reason Im jumping to android is for the apps, so do these chinese phones have any issues running apps from the play store?

Any advice is greatly appreciated
(2014-02-10, 02:15)Opti Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Guys

I currently have a Nokia Lumia 920, Overall I like the phone but am tired of the rigid OS and the lack of app support. My initial plan was replace it with a Samsung Galaxy S3 (apprx $200) which is very similar spec wise to my 920 but with an Android OS.

So i though why make a lateral move when I can upgrade for the same price if I go to a Chinese phone.

After just a little research I really like the iNew V3.

Here is what I need/want in a phone.
GSM
Micro Sim compatible
5" screen
quad core
white
Decent battery life
would prefer at least 16GB of internal memory

So feel free to make a recommendation for other phones

I also looked at the iOcean X7S elite, it about 70 more which is okay with me but I want to make sure the 70 dollars is worth something, does an 8 core phone translate to any real world performance differences, and does it reduce battery life compared to a quad core?

My big main question though, is about play store compatibility, I bought a chinese tablet that wore me out because half of the apps in the play store didnt work, and the whole reason Im jumping to android is for the apps, so do these chinese phones have any issues running apps from the play store?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

I'm using the inew i6000, the quad core 6589t version.
I have not had any issues with google apps store.
All the aps that I have worked great. Here's a quick list of the apps that I put on.
I have Trend Micro Antivirus, Mobile Uncle, Script Manager, Assistant (Siri type software), Smart Voice Recorder, Dolphin Browser with jetpack (no others compare), Live 365, Tunein Radio, SIM Card Manager, Camera Zoom FX, Busy Box, Super SU Pro, Android Device Manager (tracks your phone in case of theft), Titanium Backup Pro, SD Maid Pro, Droid Sound, Veetle, Astro File Manager...
And For Gaming Ravensword Shadowlands (i think I paid for that one) and Galaxy on Fire HD (free) and soon Dungeon Keeper (free)
The games work great no issues to speak of.
The only software I could not use was ROM Manager, because they have no copies of ROM's in there format for use with this phone.

There you go, a quick break down for you.
So from this you can see the V3 would be a nice choice. As for Octa Core that should also be a viable choice.
And what I like about the V3 is all the ROM's that seem to be in the works for it. Lost of OS choices.
I wouldn't be scared for any china phone they have come a long way compatibility wise.
Good Luck in your selection.
The v3 is a good choice if you don't mind using an external charger. If you charge in phone, it only supplies enough juice for about 3 hours on screen. I battery swap anyways, so for me it's not a problem. For the price and options, it's a good deal.

Xiaomi Hongmi, or iOcean X7 HD are good choices if you're in Europe.

We should have a zp980± review coming up next week.
I have had many China phones and have been using the inew V3 for about 3 weeks now, and I have to say it is one of the best performing and value for money phones I have used ( so far ).
The phone takes a full size and a micro sim.
The 5 inch screen is sharp and bright.
The quad core cpu is fast enough for all I run.
It looks great in white with the brushed aluminium sides.
It has 16 gb memory.
The play store and all apps I have tried work just fine.
The main downsides are the small battery capacity and the not that fantastic gps. Personally I find the battery lasts all day, but I don't play games and I do have a battery saver app installed.
I hope this helps with your choice.

Paul
I have Haipai Noble p6s. Phone is unique, full glass+metal, no plastic at all. Very light and thin.

You can find it as Jaike p6 / carpad t5 as well.
I got a Zopo c2 2GB which works extremely well for me, good battery and performs great