www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Can we use a different battery in the iNew v3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Hi!
i havnt received my phone yet, but regarding battery - can we not use a larger capacity battery with same specs and similar size?
i will know for sure when the phone gets here but back when i was considering order of timmy e82 (God! the names!) mt6582 phone which is similar in every respect to the iNew so i ordered a battery extra. its
standard voltage 3.7 V
capacity 2500 mAh
charging voltage limit 4.2 V
and measures
3.5mm thick
57.5mm width
68mm length

since i dont have it with me i cant see if its a fit but it looks like this could be an option - its almost a 50% boost.
are there any issues with using non original batteries like this? just wondering... Yea Right
well... nvm seems like the contacts are an issue... not aligned properly
If it fits we can use.
iNew battery is about (measure with ruler) 75 * 57 *4. So as long the pins are in same place we ca use it. Otherwise it needs some modifications foe the pins but is not so difficult cause this battery is about 7mm shorter.
If this battery is 2500mAh this is GREAT news!!
If I'm calculating it correctly = 37% more juice in 20% less volume... Sounds interesting.
The battery width is something to think about (±0.5mm), and metal power connectors should also be properly aligned.
If anyone could at least confirm it theoreticaly and visualy (looking at the pics), I would give it a go and order one.
The point is, Is it possible on this volume that capacity??
Or it is just Chinese measurement? Smiling Smiling
(2014-02-10, 23:26)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]The point is, Is it possible on this volume that capacity??
Or it is just Chinese measurement? Smiling Smiling

Yes Rolleyes if it is cheap/chinese 2500mah capacity battery same size you can be pretty sure it is a fake, because most current batteries of that capacity are bigger size/depth, not saying it is impossible but it needs to be a very well designed build from high quality more expensive materials (military grade)
I agree. According the volume of ours battery comparing with a branded battery I own, i think the maximum we can put will be about 2200-2300mAh.
And this battery has a lot smaller volume, so probably it is fakeSmiling Smiling
I think that the "trick" is the thickness of the battery.Τhe length and width can be handle ok.For example inew v3 battery have almost the same length like galaxy note 2 battery,more width and less thickness.So if timmy e82 is really 2500mah i believe that because of it`s thickness (if it is not 3,5mm but more and they made some typo mistake in specs) it would be impossible to fit properly inside the phone.
Yes, but the point is that e82 battary is thinner than iNew's, Ours is about 3,8mm and e82 is 3,5mm
the pins are on opposite sides :\ but if someone here is known for being creative that might be cool to try out.
when i got the battery i was also surprised at how thin it was. even if its only 2100mAh.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25