www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Gizbeat 101 CWM/TWRP Root 4.2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Updated 06 MAY 2013

Beginners, please also read the [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] - as well as [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] on the main site, which explains some of these steps in more detail.

Quick and dirty:
1. Install [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and verify
2. [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and extract into your desired ROMs directory writing over the files already there.
3. Extract SuperSU zip from [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and copy the SuperSU.zip to your external SD
4. Run [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and load the appropriate scatter
5. Turn Off Phone, pull out the battery for 5 seconds and put it back in
6. Click 'Download' on Flash Tools
7. Plug in Phone - You will see it install the ROM. It should finish with a green circle
8. Boot into recovery by holding vol+ and power together
9. Select 'update from SD'
10. Navigate to the previously copied superuser zip and select it
11. Reboot and verify root

Gizbeat won't be held responsible if your phone bricks or dies. You attempt at your own risk.

Ask questions if you get stuck or don't understand something. We have quite a few knowledgeable guys here willing to help out.
hmmm... that root sip is not working for me... i see the superuser app in my phone, but when i try to do anything that requires root it doesn't work, i never even get the pop up that asks for root permission. I'm using a freshly flashed official ZOpo europo 4.2.1, using the 3gb EBR
(2013-04-13, 23:24)kuroyume Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm... that root sip is not working for me... i see the superuser app in my phone, but when i try to do anything that requires root it doesn't work, i never even get the pop up that asks for root permission. I'm using a freshly flashed official ZOpo europo 4.2.1, using the 3gb EBR

Did you install the superuser from a custom recovery and did it install successfully?
(2013-04-14, 00:16)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-13, 23:24)kuroyume Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm... that root sip is not working for me... i see the superuser app in my phone, but when i try to do anything that requires root it doesn't work, i never even get the pop up that asks for root permission. I'm using a freshly flashed official ZOpo europo 4.2.1, using the 3gb EBR

Did you install the superuser from a custom recovery and did it install successfully?

yup, installed from TWRP, succesfully
(2013-04-14, 00:39)kuroyume Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-14, 00:16)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]

yup, installed from TWRP, succesfully

Try installing SuperSU from recovery.
That fixed it, thanks!
(2013-04-14, 01:24)kuroyume Wrote: [ -> ]Taht fixed it, thanks!

Okay. Good. We'll replace Superuser with SuperSU in the tutorial.
Stuck on step 7, not happening anything either on phone or flash tool. May be driver issue i guess - on taskbar it shows pdanet ready to connect(when i turn phone ON)

Phone was in OFF state for step-7, not sure its correct or not.
Are you removing the battery first? Phone should be off. Not on.
(2013-06-18, 13:53)kaushikpadmakar Wrote: [ -> ]Stuck on step 7, not happening anything either on phone or flash tool. May be driver issue i guess - on taskbar it shows pdanet ready to connect(when i turn phone ON)

Phone was in OFF state for step-7, not sure its correct or not.

To flash with spflashtool you must have "MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM" in your device manager for 2 seconds. Watch it if you connect your phone (off) to pc. Open spflashtool, load scatter, remove for some seconds and plug in your battery, click "firmware upgrade" in flashtool and connect your phone to pc. Now it should start to download.
Pages: 1 2