www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: GT-M60 bricked - suspected Bootloader/preloader corruption, please help me fix it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I hope that someone here can help me out here.

I have a AOSON M60 phone, it identifies as "Model: GT-M60". purchased from Amazon.co.uk

The phone worked almost perfectly, freexing the screen while it was in my pocket periodically which required a reboot and a couple of times i needed to keep it plugged into the charger overnight to be able to wake it up in the morning. But the last time it did that.... it didn't wake up after being left on overnight and i've taken the battery out for 12 hours and replaced the battery with a fully charged one and still it doesn't wake up.

Pressing the Factory and Bootloader button combinations on the phone doesn't give me anything, just presented with a black screen.

When i connect the phone to the PC, it registers the phone and recognizes that it is connected. MTK Tools doesn't show anything. At this point i am assuming that the Preloader/Bootloader is corrupt.

I've had a look around and nobody else seems to have anything on this phone.

Ideas/Suggestions on getting this phone back into order are welcome.

If anyone has this phone, the spec is below:
Manufacturer: foxconn
Model: GT-M60
Android: 4.2.2; eng.root.1364976213; SDK17
Display: 1280 x 720; DPI: 320; Evaluated Size: 4.6"
Touch Screen: Multitouch 5 points
GPU: PowerVR SGX 544MP; Imagination Technologies; OpenGL ES-CM 1.1; OpenGL ES 2.0 build 1.9@2204701
RAM: 1024 MB (991 MB available)
Flash: 4 GB (3.589 GB actual); 16 GB (14.953 GB actual)
Processor: 4 cores; ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l); Max: 1209.0 MHz; Min: 497.2 MHz

Does anyone have the scatter file and related Bootloader/Firmware to restore my phone? i have had a look at using the SP Toolkit and it doesn't want to do anything after it reaches the 100% Red bar and just pops up an error , i can't remember the exact error message but i can post it when i'm at home. i assume the problem is either the All_in_one_DA.bin file is not correct or designed to work with the phone. Has anyone had it working with theirs?.

The people i bought the phone from can't be contacted and they're not selling anymore on Amazon.

Soooooooooo........ Can anyone help?

Richard
Right, new information. I've changed the Post Subject too, as when i was starting to disassemble the phone i found that the label under the battery was actually covering another previous label which has the IMEI numbers for my phone along with a new Model number: Model : N9589

SO with a new model number in hand i've been looking at downloading new firmware to try to get it back up and running and i'm still hit with the same issue:
BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)
[EMI] Enable DRAM Failed!

SO has anyone managed to successfully flash their N9589 phone with the SP_Flash_Tool?

I looked around for the stock N9589 firmware and i can't seem to find it. If anyone has a link to the STOCK firmware please let me know as i'll try that.
Hello Immortal, have you use the newest version of Flash Tools... Also, there is stuck thread about fixing some common error in Flash Tools.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

The good thing - at least getting some error. If no error at all could mean the phone completely dead.

Did you do anything to the phone before this happened?
(2014-02-16, 21:37)NexusTrix Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

The good thing - at least getting some error. If no error at all could mean the phone completely dead.

Did you do anything to the phone before this happened?

The phone was working ok before this happened, the phone likes to freeze a couple of times a day and so a hard reboot has always worked. or charging it overnight also works. This time it just wouldn't boot up.

I have checked through the thread, and nothing seems to get the phone to reflash.

In the SP tools log i get this:
error, could not find DA download hint!
At that point the application stays at 100% and nothing happens from there on.
[Admin: Put long descriptions inside spoiler tags]
Show Content

If anyone has had this working please let me know. i'm at my witts end now... I've gone and bought a new phone. If i can get this one working then i can sell my new one on when it arrives.
It's been a while and tried virtually every N9589 ROM that i can find and nothing has worked.

I sat and thought and retraced my steps the day and day before it stopped working and i remember being in the factory menu as someone reported that their phone stopped suffering form the freezing issue that i was having. I remember clearing the cache from the menu but i "may" have also cleared the emmc...... is there an option in the menu to clear the emmc?.... i can't remember but i think if there was then i may have clicked on it. Would that cause my phone not to be able to boot into anything after the battery is removed and replaced?

Can anyone let me know what the minimum i need in my phone is, to be able to access the factory recovery menu?

My phone is a GT-M60, but it actually is a N9589 and looks exactly the same. So i assume that i should be able to reflash it.

I have heard that reflashing some phones from China is a bit hit and miss. Has anyone had any experience with a Volcano Box to recover phones in the same state as mine?....