www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [split] TWRP vs CWM?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Users,
the discussion about the recovery`s CWM or TWRP is very important, for the Android Unit.
What`s about, when I want to change the ROM and I Got with the new System the other Recovery ?
Are the Dates the same ?
Could read CWM the Data of TWRP and vice versa ?
Ciao
Snoopy2006
The differences are numerous.

TWRP interface is touchscreen and it offers many more options than CWM, including power off instead of just reboot, choosing which portions you want to backup or recover and compression which reduces the backup size by about 40%.

Those are the benefits I've found useful off the top of my head.

Unfortunately, no they can't read each others backups.
Hi Users and Gizbeat,

the the Usage "Unfortunately, no they can't read each others backups." is important,
because by Recoverychange the restore is not possible.
Back to Rom before ist very difficult.

Thanks to Gizbeat
form
Snoopy2006
(2013-04-21, 01:29)snoopy2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Users and Gizbeat,

the the Usage "Unfortunately, no they can't read each others backups." is important,
because by Recoverychange the restore is not possible.
Back to Rom before ist very difficult.

Thanks to Gizbeat
form
Snoopy2006

Yes, it's true. But you can switch fairly easily by flashing the new recovery and making a new backup with the new recovery.
Does TWRP or CWM work with any type of android phones? Which one is much easier to use? I already tried TWRP with my MT6575 but unsuccessful, so now i am trying to use CWM - work still in progress.
(2013-06-10, 02:12)motegp Wrote: [ -> ]Does TWRP or CWM work with any type of android phones? Which one is much easier to use? I already tried TWRP with my MT6575 but unsuccessful, so now i am trying to use CWM - work still in progress.
CWM is easier to make, but TWRP is the better choice if you can find or make your own TWRP.

Each build of TWRP/CWM is for a specific phone. For example you couldn't use TWRP made for H7500+ on Lenovo P770.