www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Oukitel K9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2019-07-17, 15:11)Dvalin21 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, Im checking to see if anyone has already purchased the Oukitel K9 and would be willing to do a review?  Also would love to see if anyone is already working on TWRP Recovery.  Lastly, I'm with US T-Mobile, is there anyone else with T-Mobile who can do a data speedtest and post the results? Im really interested in this phone. Its either this or the Umdigi F1 Play.  Thanks in advance.

I just received my Oukitel K9 in the USA. I use AT&T and putting my old sim in worked perfect.  The phone size is exactly what I wanted. I hate the new 18:9 ratio for phones but this phones size makes up for that.

The K9 is a little slow and sluggish while browsing FB and Flipboard.  Takes a while to load apps. I came from a LG V40 which was very fast so the slowness of the K9 is quite noticeable.  The 2  key features I really miss is Always On Display and the Double Tap to wake. I've tried several apps to make it work and none of them are reliable.

I'm wondering if I can root it and install a custom rom that has the missing features?

Overall I'm keeping the phone because of the screen. I'll get used to the speed.

Lannie
(2019-12-20, 02:14)lschafroth Wrote: [ -> ]I just received my Oukitel K9 in the USA. I use AT&T and putting my old sim in worked perfect.  The phone size is exactly what I wanted. I hate the new 18:9 ratio for phones but this phones size makes up for that.

The K9 is a little slow and sluggish while browsing FB and Flipboard.  Takes a while to load apps. I came from a LG V40 which was very fast so the slowness of the K9 is quite noticeable.  The 2  key features I really miss is Always On Display and the Double Tap to wake. I've tried several apps to make it work and none of them are reliable.

I'm wondering if I can root it and install a custom rom that has the missing features?

Overall I'm keeping the phone because of the screen. I'll get used to the speed.

Lannie

I tried to like this phone. The display is great. The speed is horrible.  The bluetooth would not work well in my truck. The truck supports Pandroa and this phone works only as media, not Pandora support.  The lack of AOD and Double Tap to wake was frustrating as well.

In the end the performance and the lack of Pandora support via BT made me send it back to Amazon.

Lannie
(2019-12-20, 23:15)lschafroth Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to like this phone. The display is great. The speed is horrible.  The bluetooth would not work well in my truck. The truck supports Pandroa and this phone works only as media, not Pandora support.  The lack of AOD and Double Tap to wake was frustrating as well.

In the end the performance and the lack of Pandora support via BT made me send it back to Amazon.

Lannie

I broke the screen on my daily phone. I ordered the Oukitel K9 from a different seller and this one is faster than the other one. 
It does not have Always On and does not have Double Tap to wake. I am using the app Always On AMLOED and it works great and the developer is very responsive.

I see there is a root for this phone now. I cannot find any custom ROMS. Would like to use Lineage OS 16 or 17 on it. Does anyone know of a ROM for this phone yet?  The Android version on this phone is generic and missing some options I'm used to. Would like to see this phone running Lineage OS.

Lannie
Pages: 1 2