www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: losing user defined ringtone on iNew v3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Did anyone had a case when a user defined voice call ringtone is reset after reboot when quick-boot feature is on? I also had that bug on my other MTK phone some time ago.
I have seen that on other MTK phone. Some users reported an app called Tone Picker(is at Google Play) help on this problem,
I cannot tell if it is work cause I never had this problem.
this is a common problem with other mediaket devices as nikstar says, there is a definitive way to avoid it, you have to put the melody you want into system/media/ringtones directory and give the file the same permissions other files in the directory have, you need a root explorer and root access to do that

you should take the ringtone also out of any other ringtones directory you have in your phone or sd so it does not appear more than once when you select it

after you have done it reset your phone, wain untill it fully loads, and now select the ringtone from the audio settings menu using the android system aplication, from now on you won't lose it again unless you do a wipe factory reset or install a new rom

this method works in all mediatek phones I have tried with the same problem, V3 included
(2014-02-15, 20:36)elsita Wrote: [ -> ]system/media/ringtones directory

system/media/audio/ringtones

It's even worse with alarm sounds, because sometimes it doesn't even revert to default, it just stays silent (screen is lit up, but no sound). But with explained procedure, both work great. Thanks.
Same problem occurred to me, disabled quick boot worked ok for a while but then again the ringtone I chose is not played. I have no custom ringtones, phone is new with default ringtones. I just choose an original different one located in the system/media/audio/ringtone folder. The setting is kept but sometimes the one that was selected when i bought the phone sounds instead. I have no other ringtone folder in phone storage or SD card. Can someone explain why this is happening and how to solve?
Hi @vreel, when I buy a new phone, the first thing I do, I'm going to factory reset,i format sd card and all files (pictures, videos ..) that I have stored on my computer back on, then insert the sd card into the phone and turn it on,then make the settings as my desire, and the phone works better.Try to a factory reset and you may solve this problem, and you will not lose anything, only a little timeWink
Try using audiko I put a tone from there and after resets n boots n such it stayed Smiling besides its got tons and tons of tones... I still like making my own tones at home like I would hehe
None of the above would work for me, except what vreel mentions, and I independently came up with. Every other method I tried here, including using some other apps from the store, wouldn't resolve this issue. However, I do not consider what I have done, as a viable solution, only just as a counter-measure. Would have been nice for some devs to fix this.
Did you try to deactivate the Fast boot option?
(2014-03-05, 15:21)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try to deactivate the Fast boot option?

That's the thing: I want it on! But even after disabling it, vreel says it's only temporarily and the rigtone is reset again after some time. But I solved it by copying my audio files into system/media/audio subfolders, and everything works like it should without any problems.
Pages: 1 2