www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Chinese phones with WCDMA @900/2100Mhz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all
I'm new to this forum.

I am in Australia, and looking to get a Chinese phone in the $150 to $250 price range a little bit higher or lower is no biggie.
I use a third party provider on the Optus network here, they use the WCDMA @900/2100Mhz.

I seem to keep finding phones that I like that dont have or dont list WCDMA @900/2100Mhz, many will have 850Mhz.

Many sites list some phones as 900Mhz, but the same phone on a different site will show it as 850Mhz or even only 2100Mhz.
I have sent requests to some of the sites with little or no reply.

I have an old iPhone 4s, I'm looking to move on to something new.
With the iPhone and dock to play same songs when I go to sleep, is there an app for android that will play say 30min or 10 songs then turn the phone off or will I have to use two apps?
I have tried to find a cheap dock that will work for android, not much luck.

A 4 – 5 in screen, mostly used for calls text Facebook and a few other apps, dont think gaming is what I'm in to on a phone, but a good camera would be nice.

Any Idea on if some of these phones can be upgraded to say the new KitKat OS or is this to soon to be looking at?

I like the iOcean X7 HD , Xiaomi Red Rice Hongmi or on the lower end a Utime U100?

Thanks for your time on this.
The Xiaomi Hongmi and iOcean X7 HD both have 900mhz H+ and 2100 H+ and are a good choice for a phone.

For dock, just plug any speaker into headphone jacks. No need for fancy.

Sure some apps have ability to play for time limits. If not, just use timer widget. It's not difficult.
Are there others in the same price range or would they be the best at this price?
Also is one better then the other?
Build quality, camera, support?
Over heating or any other problems to look out for?
And lastly best place to buy.
Thanks again.
The Huawei 3C just released. See the sponsor of the forum 1949deal just put that advertisement. There is a coupon for $5 too - gizbeat3c5

There is some substantial price difference between these phones though too.

The brand with best name is Xiaomi and Huawei. Then iocean. Nobody can tell you for sure whether your unit will have a problem, but I would not recommend them if I didn't think they were a quality buy.

Obviously we recommend you buy from sponsors of forum. Not only because sponsor us. Because they have a reputation to uphold on the forum and Gizbeat will help if happen to be some problem.
I purchased ZTE 889m. Cheap and good phone, dual sim, wdcma works on 900/2100.

regards
I need 4G LTE T-Mobile capable phone w/5.5" or larger screen. Does such thing exist?
SWRogue

I bought Lenovo A820, which you can buy from sponsors of this forum
(altho I did not)

also to answer your question specifically I use the amaysim (Optus reseller) 3g network no problems

If you do decide to buy a phone from Chinese resellers I urge you to buy a Mediatek chipset so you can use Mobileuncle........the easiest way to flash a recovery image onto your phone

Once you have TWRP or CWM installed you can grab any device specific ROM from places like needrom.com or this site etc

good luck
Just to update, I um bricked my Lenovo so bought the iOcean X7 HD

mtk engineering app shows

wcdma (=3g)

2000 (not 2100 but 2100 is not as good as 850 or 900) IMHO

are all ticked and I have not played with these settings

bought thru 1949deal using DHL courier
2000 is same as 2100.

This is stock baseband and ROM?

Very interesting it shows these checked in engineering mode. are you in an area where you can test the 1900 and 850?
I have started a new thread as its offtopic to OP here
http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thr...nd-testing

This is a reply to Sniper47 test questions
Pages: 1 2