www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: clean ROM for H3038 Android 4.2.2. - MTK6572
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just recently bought two smartphones, IWORLD brand:

Model Number: Android
Android Version: 4.2.2
Baseband Version: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4.P5, 2013/09/04
Kernel Version: 3.4.5
Build Number: ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.6

My problem is I want to run only one dedicated application with GPS, WiFi (Internet Connectivity), 3G, Camera. Basically the bare bones. Nothing else.

Is there a ROM I can get a hold of with nothing on it at all other than the bare bones Android OS I mentioned above?

This is very important to me as I am starting a small business and need a dedicated device that will run one application on boot, and not allow any other type of activity and not run any bloatware, no Google app, nothing at all but this one device.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
It's somewhat possible. Why want to do? U won't be see the difference in speed or functions if don't download extra resource hog app.

Anyway. If want do like this, root phone and remove everything that not essential to that android is run.

Recommend make the full backup first.
Hi Sniper47 why I want to do this because I want to use the mobile as a device for only connecting to the internet, no SIM card usage, no Gmail, No Google anything.

When you boot up it opens my application login screen. You can access the phone settings (which will be modified of course) and that's it.

It basically just a device to run on application. Another question I was wondering, last night in my sleep I was thinking how to remove the diagonal lines in the status bar telling me my mobile wifi strength. As I won't be using a Mobile Network is there a way to remove this?

Thanks again for the quick reply
(2014-02-19, 11:18)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]It's somewhat possible. Why want to do? U won't be see the difference in speed or functions if don't download extra resource hog app.

Anyway. If want do like this, root phone and remove everything that not essential to that android is run.

Recommend make the full backup first.

@Sniper47

This is what I'd like to do.

1. On boot the phone will display my application login
  2. My Application is the only application running - apart from anything the Android OS needs in order to run
  3. The user can still access the settings - to setup Wifi settings (they company Wifi, or their home Wifi)
  4. Prevent the user from installing any other apps or navigating out of my application to the Androd OS interface

I this doable? And if so... can you proved any links, or point me in the right direction so I can learn how to do this? I could write a script to automate this task when I have actually completed it once and it works as I will always be buying in bulk.

...phew!

Many thanks
Hi apologies if I seem anxious, I am just trying to get a ROM image of my original ROM and modify that.

doing: cat /proc/emmc

- gives me

partno: start_sect nr_sects partition_name
emmc_p1: 00000400 00000002 "ebr1"
emmc_p2: 00004800 00005000 "protect_f"
emmc_p3: 00009800 00005000 "protect_s"
emmc_p4: 0001ba00 00145000 "android"
emmc_p5: 00160a00 000c0000 "cache"
emmc_p6: 00220a00 00100800 "usrdata"
emmc_p7: 00321200 0040c600 "fat"

and doing: cat /proc/mtd

- produces

dev: size erasesize name
- no mounts

Can anyone shed some light on this please and thanks again!

Regards
I recommend just using apps already made to handle your situation.

On boot launch
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Lock settings and block apps from running
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
@NexusTrix

Thanks.

I will take a look at the apps, they may give me ideas on how to it.

There is a permission I use

android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED

And I have a receiver which starts the Intent I want loaded as soon as the devices is booted. My ideal situation would be when the the device is turned on, there is nothing else other than what is needed to run the OS, running. And the only thing you see is the login Activity for my app when you first turn the device on. No splash, no nothing just the login Activity - as if the device itself is, in a way a dedicated GPS navigator - it isn't a GPS navigator but that's basically how I want it to work like.

I'm writing an NSD to discover networks the phone can connect to - that is the company network the device is being used in. And a way in which the app itself will detect the device it is attached to via USB, so it can detect keystrokes or mouse movement on the workstation the device is connected to. Another problem I have to find a solution to is how to do the same while the device is not connected via USB but sitting close to the workstation the employee is connected to.

The second important thing is GCM, which will be used by an employer so he/she can push notifications to the device, the device itself is the app. I can use a fingerprint method to ID each device.

I will look into these apps but I think I may have this part covered it's just not as clean/elegant as I'd like the device to be.

It is a nifty app, it's not meant for Google Play download, but to be sold as a whole, device included. Many are interested, it's just getting it "professionally" production ready.

Many thanks again!