www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Android Kitkat 4.4.2 ROM for MTK6589
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Justed wanted to ask if anyone knows of a ROM update or Custom ROM to update with.

I am using a cloned Samsung S4 i9500 MTK6589.

Thanks

Mod
check out Needrom and see if there is anything there. Doubt it though yet.
Cool Hi,
ROM KITKAT 4.4.2 for smartphone with Mediatek MTK6589 processor.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Created for the ZP950H quad core but has been adapted to also ZOPO ZP810; the ROM does not implement the operation of the three hardware keys because the ZOPO ZP950H has three physical buttons but only on the screen, however, it works the same.

At this point you probably will begin the various modding for other smartphone that mount the same processor Mediatek .... maybe ... I hope

Smile
It takes a person with serious skills to port a ROM to their particular phone. You know, the chipset might be the same as that of another phone but its configuration and other hardware components might be completely different.

I've seen many people try to port ROMS but trust me when I say that it is EXTREMELY difficult to fix all issues that arise with a ported ROM - assuming that you can actually get it to boot at all. In most cases, people who port ROMs irreparably damage important functions that nobody can live without. The only people that can successfully port ROMs are the crème de la crème of the developer universe. If you don't find a solution in the Xda-developers forum, I don't think there is a solution anywhere.