www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [split] Star S5 Butterfly Battery life?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can battery last for whole day of moderate use on S5?
It looks much sleeker then h7500+ but with smaller battery (2050 vs 2800 mAh)
(2013-04-16, 04:02)target Wrote: [ -> ]Can battery last for whole day of moderate use on S5?
It looks much sleeker then h7500+ but with smaller battery (2050 vs 2800 mAh)

Hi,

Moderate use is subjective but I have used it for more than 10 hours (on wifi) and still got juice left Smiling but as I said, its subjective - and you can even drain in two hours - if you really want to...
By the way, the batteries are marked as 2500 mAH...

On a side note, it does really need a better firmware - anyone knows of a better firmware or a custom rom for our Star S5?
Mine has been on for 2 days now, using wifi etc for around 3 hours each day, and still only down to 67% ......
Day 3 and it is now down to 17%, mind you I was watching TV on it for a couple of hours last night !!!

Have a look at this for help in extending battery life ....... [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Are you guys using wifi while sleep? Cause I don't but still feel that the phone kinda drains rather fast.

The battery is standard 2500mAh, and I am wondering if it is possible to purchase an upgrade?
I tried looking for a replacement on a few mobile battery sites, but I don't really know which one would fit..
(2013-04-23, 18:58)Re4mstr Wrote: [ -> ]Are you guys using wifi while sleep? Cause I don't but still feel that the phone kinda drains rather fast.

The battery is standard 2500mAh, and I am wondering if it is possible to purchase an upgrade?
I tried looking for a replacement on a few mobile battery sites, but I don't really know which one would fit..

I will check but I think wifi is turned off during sleep.

I will have a look to see if a 'bigger' (not size but mAh) battery is around. I would have thought they would use a standard battery format but you never know.
An update - found out that my battery was dropping from 100% to 60% in a few minutes after being taken off charge.

Now I have rooted my phone used a battery calibration app to correct the bettery stats used by the phone. Now 12 hours after charging phone is only down to 96% (overnight standby). Will next look at sleep mode to see if it is deep sleeping correctly.

Watch this space .....
It takes a long time to charge, from 45% to 65% in 2 hours, is it normal? TY
My S5 is not rooted, no calibration, and after a day (from 6 a.m. to 23:00) the battery is always at 30-40%.
Some time ago I had a problem charging the 2nd battery. After 2 hours it was always on the same %. I just removed the battery and put back in the housing and has started to load