www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Fix] Screwed up home button on iNew V3 after flashing LeWa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Many people have had a screwed up home button after flashing LeWa ROM.

After returning to 1.0.4. via SP Flash Tool, the problem remained.

This is what fixed it for me.

1. Download original full 1.0.1 CXQ for iNew V3. [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
2. Flash it with SP Flash Tools using 'Firmware Upgrade' mode
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
3. Boot into recovery (Vol+Power) and factory reset.
4. Reboot your phone

At this point the home button was fixed.

I then SP flashed back to v1.0.3 [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] . The home button is still operating normally. My guess is you could also flash back to 1.0.4 if you prefer that firmware.

Please let us know your results.
I did this and doesn't work for me Sad

Can you give me the link of the rom? It is that - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]?
Yes, that's the one - but I may have spoken too soon. The initial results were excellent. The home button was working perfectly, but after several hours it looks like it may have reverted back to the same problem. I'm testing more now. Hold off for now unless you really have nothing better to do Fu Man
Yes, i will stay with 1.0.4 with that bug, maybe in future will come a solution for this :S
This is weird bug. I have it, when i got V3 at beginnig of January, with 1.0.1. After update to 1.0.3 (and 1.0.4) it dissapeared for few weeks, and it came back after i tried LEWA and revert back to 1.0.4. I tried almost everything and nothing helps. In this case, im using workaround with soft buttons from Gravitybox and turned off sensor buttons by editing /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl nad changed this lines

Code:
# key 139 MENU WAKE_DROPPED
# key 158 BACK WAKE_DROPPED
# key 172 HOME

And im waiting to someone, who can find whats gone wrong a solve this annoying bug Smiling
(2014-02-23, 15:18)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that's the one - but I may have spoken too soon. The initial results were excellent. The home button was working perfectly, but after several hours it looks like it may have reverted back to the same problem. I'm testing more now. Hold off for now unless you really have nothing better to do Fu Man

I used the lewa rom for several days and i can confirm the home button bug, but imo it was not so dramatic. Anyway i had another problem with lewa rom (play store, data meter crashed regurarly) so yesterday morning i reflashed the stock 1.03 rom and now the home button works perfect.
I flashed back to 1.0.1 again and it's working fine now. At least on my unit, it needs to be pressed with the tip of the finger or thumb to get consistent results. Pressing with full thumb was unreliable, and that could have been the reason for issues when going back to 1.0.3 from 1.0.1.

Definitely after going straight from Lewa to 1.0.4, the home button was a mess. Unusable.

Zatycz. Try flashing 1.0.1 or 1.0.3. full firmware. Let us know your results.
if you have a phone into top of any table or any flat surface, the home button work perfectly, this is really weird god, i can't understand this bug ..
edit: btw i flashed 1.0.1, 1.03, 1.0.4 and i have thig bug with any version , why i went try this lewa rom? WHY???
(2014-02-26, 22:08)joaoameixa Wrote: [ -> ]why i went try this lewa rom? WHY???

Joao, you make me smile Smile

Try pressing the button with just the tip of your finger or thumb instead of pressing the whole thing. Let me know your result.
The most annoying on this bug is if you want to long press the home button to close any open-recently opened apps!
Almost impossible SmilingSmiling
Pages: 1 2 3 4