www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Where to find the drivers for the MTK6589?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
I want to make my store in THL W8 Micro SDCard, the files I download for example GAMES, VIDEOS.
When I connect my phone to PC, even with debug mode enabled, it is not recognized and the message of "DEVICE NOT FOUND".
Please can someone help me with the steps, programs and drivers that I need to use?
I've owned an iPhone for a long time, but I was interested in knowing and using a device with Android system!
I count on your help.
Thank you in advance.

Fabricio Neves!
São Paulo - Brazil
(2013-04-16, 18:34)Fabricio Neves Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2013-04-16, 20:44)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Friend.
Thanks for the help.
The links you sent me helped make the adjustment to save files in SDCard.
Once installed the drivers, I used the "sdk / platform_tools", open the command prompt, typed adb.exe after adb shell, and finally typed pm set-install-location 2.
No error message appeared, so I must be prepared with the SDCard to receive the downloaded files that can be moved to it.

Thank You,
Fabricio Neves.
(2013-04-17, 06:07)Fabricio Neves Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Friend.
Thanks for the help.
The links you sent me helped make the adjustment to save files in SDCard.
Once installed the drivers, I used the "sdk / platform_tools", open the command prompt, typed adb.exe after adb shell, and finally typed pm set-install-location 2.
No error message appeared, so I must be prepared with the SDCard to receive the downloaded files that can be moved to it.

Thank You,
Fabricio Neves.
Unfortunately the downloaded files and images are not saved in SDCard External 32Gb.
By downloading any files they are only saved in the internal memory of the device SDCard 8Gb (which actually has 5.4 Gb due to native programs installed).

a) Is there any blockage in THL 4.1.2 Original ROM that came installed on W8 which prevents visualization of external SDCard?
b) In the SDK / platform-tools I've already configured the External SDCard with the command "pm install-location set-2"

I think it is some blockage in the native Android 4.1.2, someone already has Android 4.2 installed on THL W8?

Thankful.
You shouldn't have to use platform tools. Use Windows explorer to copy the files.

Plug in the phone

Go to notification area on phone and tap transfer files by USB.
(2013-04-17, 14:08)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't have to use platform tools. Use Windows explorer to copy the files.

Plug in the phone

Ok!
Sorry for the questions, as I am new user of Android system.
Today I bought another unit of THL, the model ThLW8 +.
I liked it so much that W8 will give it to my wife when I get my new W8 +.

Again, thank you for your help.
Fabricio Neves.
São Paulo - Brazil.
(2013-04-17, 16:29)Fabricio Neves Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-17, 14:08)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't have to use platform tools. Use Windows explorer to copy the files.

Plug in the phone

Ok!
Sorry for the questions, as I am new user of Android system.
Today I bought another unit of THL, the model ThLW8 +.
I liked it so much that W8 will give it to my wife when I get my new W8 +.

Again, thank you for your help.
Fabricio Neves.
São Paulo - Brazil.

Haha... You will give your wife the old phone and keep the new one. Good idea.

The questions are no problem. That is why the forum is here.

Are you able to copy files now?