www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Time to upgrade...but to which phone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

It's time to upgrade my phone so I'll be needing some advice please...

Firstly onto my current phone which is a Dapeng A7 which I bought over 2 years ago.I'm fully aware that my A7 nowadays has about the same power as a ZX81 but it has served me very well indeed.

I believe the CPU speed is 680Mhz and it's running the 2.3.6 Android version which has been slowly but surely left behind...although it still works perfectly as that strange device which makes and receives phone calls...!

I don't live my life on my phone(Facebook,Twitter etc)so I really can't see the point in buying a super duper all singing and dancing one when I won't be using half of the stuff you get on it.Also i don't really mind whether it has the battery power of a Mclaren P1 or a bowl of custard as it won't be used for long periods.

Some of the things I require from the new one are...
1) Same size as my A7 which is 5"
2) Camera quality should be fairly good(13mp?)
3) Newer Android version than my one(which won't be difficult)
4) Good looking/feeling

Here are some that I've been looking at...
Inew V3,
THL W11,
Iocean X7,
Cubot one/C9
Doogee Turbo DG2014

Out of those that I've listed the Inew V3 looks good with a sensible price plus those pictures that were taken against the Zopo zp980 and the H9008 came out very nice with great looking colours etc.

Sorry about the overly long question
Thanks in anticipation Gazeebo
After 5 month I can still recommend the Lenovo S920. Good specs, works well and fluent. It looks in dark blue-grey very nice and has a soft touch finish. The white one is glosy. I spent only 1400 yuan in Walmart
(2014-03-06, 22:50)jak989 Wrote: [ -> ]After 5 month I can still recommend the Lenovo S920. Good specs, works well and fluent. It looks in dark blue-grey very nice and has a soft touch finish. The white one is glosy. I spent only 1400 yuan in Walmart

Thanks for the reply jak,

Looks like a nice phone the S920,is the screen really 5.3"? Not too bad a price either,cheaper than the K900 I was looking at which is way too much for me and at 5.5" a bit too big.

It's a veritable minefield out there regarding the choice that I've got buying a Chinese smartphone...I'm finding it very hard indeed.

Regards,Gazeebo.
I went for a iNew V3, i'm "side/upgrading" from a Samsung Galaxy Grand.
the iNew V3 has a growing community, all reviews are giving top marks, the camera is great (even though they lied about F2.0 and probably Sony sensor) - it looks different than the usual Samsung clone.
also from a price point of view it is fair - you get practically everything a new expensive brand phone offers.
to achieve the price point they skimped on the screen - "only" 720p (on 5 inch i guess that is more than acceptable) and the battery (1830mAh)
otherwise -
quad core, Gorilla glas OGS/IPS screen, NFC, OTG, good GPS, dual sim with 3g on both cards, etc. pp.
(2014-03-07, 16:54)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]I went for a iNew V3, i'm "side/upgrading" from a Samsung Galaxy Grand.
the iNew V3 has a growing community, all reviews are giving top marks, the camera is great (even though they lied about F2.0 and probably Sony sensor) - it looks different than the usual Samsung clone.
also from a price point of view it is fair - you get practically everything a new expensive brand phone offers.
to achieve the price point they skimped on the screen - "only" 720p (on 5 inch i guess that is more than acceptable) and the battery (1830mAh)
otherwise -
quad core, Gorilla glas OGS/IPS screen, NFC, OTG, good GPS, dual sim with 3g on both cards, etc. pp.

Thanks for the help linr,

To be honest I'm leaning very much on the side of the Inew V3 so far.Where did you get yours from?((you might have to PM those details!)forum rules etc).

Also are you using the supplied leather flip case or have you bought one of those silicone cases as I've read a couple of posts saying that the flip case is rather cumbersome to use.

Cheers,Gazeebo.
mine is on the way still, i also went through about 2 weeks of research before "jumping the gun".
where to get it from? pretty much depends on where you find a good deal that works for you.
Keep in mind that most chinese sellers have a weird understanding of "in stock" and most have poor to no post-sales support.
probably it's best to get it from one of the sponsors, so you at least have someone to contact for any questions (like if it's in stock, when your order will be processed, tracking number and so on)

BTW - i never use such cases. mine will come with the silicone one additionally (a plus for having to wait for restocking) i might give that a try.
usually i have these sleeve type "cases" where you just slide your phone in. (i do not like the extra thickness normal cases imply as i mostly carry my phone in a suit jacket)
Cheers linr,

I'll more than likely do what you did and order one of the silicone cases at the same time just in case.
looking forward to your experience when you receive it!
(2014-03-08, 17:26)linr76 Wrote: [ -> ]looking forward to your experience when you receive it!

Thanks very much...can't wait until it arrives.

Be good to experience a phone that's faster and sleeker than my current one...well just better really Big Grin