www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: China Mobile MTK6592 "Custom Version" No GPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm living in China at the moment so have access to alot of cheap phones, my old 6587 died so I chose to purchase this phone:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&id=36750954640

For 735 ($120 USD) Yuan it's a really cheap octa core (Perhaps it's fake, MTKDroidTools says ATTENTION! Fake Hardware in kernel or firmware doesn't correspond to phone! and detected a 6582). I managed to root it and install CWM/Gapps with relative ease so everything is running pretty smoothly

The issue is it seems to have no GPS. I'm not sure whether MTK chips have a gps built in (if this is the case perhaps if can be unlocked) or its a separate chip and it's possible my phone has no chip at all.

I can get cell tower location for an ok estimate of location but it's not ideal. Any ideas?

I checked further
[Image: f5MJ7iF.png]
The display definitely isn't 720p and the GPU says it's a mali 400 so probably not a 6592
Normally the modern Mediatek SOC will have GPS included. Have you run the Z-Device Tester (can DL from Google Plays), to see if it says you have GPS device? Are you able to turn the GPS on (is the little circle blinking?)

Try this GPS tutorials too.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]