www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: New SmartDigi Rom (030314)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Ok, seeing as I 'donated' to this cause i've just been notified that a new update to the smartdigi 'hybrid' rom is out. If anyone wants to try it here's the link to the file rather than peeps also forking out to forced donationware: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

According to the changelog here's the updates, but if you want to try it you must upgrade from a stock 1.0.3. You cannot update from 1.04 or a modded 1.03 (partition mod) as it won't work. Also there's a warning not to use Gravitybox with this rom.

Changelog:

KOT49Hv7 - 3 Mar 2014

Xperia Z Custom Rom Edition
- Update applications
- Update google framework services
- Update google connect
- Update modem module driver
- Add in beta working by default the xposed governor in perfomance mode run
- Add new applications in menu
- Add new 162 library files
- Add Xperia Z Series applications
- Add Xperia Z Series Media
- Add 8 new tweak codes

So according to this it appears they're pushing for the V3 to be more like an Xperia clone than anything else!

If you want to give a try, do so. If you don't, don't. I'm nothing to do with this project in case someone does try & finds bugs - i'm simply sharing with the V3 community.

The rom's hefty too - about 800+mb to download, so that's around 200mb more than the average V3 rom. No clue why - not sure if extras or what.

Again, i've not downloaded yet nor installed so cannot comment on performance or anything else.

Cheers.
At first I thought that size of 824MB is there because both flashing options are included (CWM + SPF), but looking at it now when I downloaded it doesn't seem so. The rom is bigger due to all Xperia stuff added, library files and other apps. There are many apps included: about 20 Xperia ones, 20 google apps and 35 of other apps (video players, browsers, social apps, chat apps, widgets). The unpacked zip file weigs about 1.2 gigs, so you can only imagine how much apps they've thrown in. Flash it at your own risk Big Grin
Burs - I've not had a chance to even look at the rom yet - but what's the storage after flash - i.e. is the partition showing up properly (13gb or thereabouts)? Simply as with their last rom I kept getting the 1gb storage error.

Might take a look later this week - I guess at least someone out there is updating something for the V3 presently, so not all bad.
I still didn't flash it, and I don't plan to, because I have an aversion to smartdigi roms Vampire I just downloaded it out of curiosity Shhh
All what I've wrote is based upon looking inside the zip file. But I would say the partition size ratio will be somewhat different from other roms, because as I said the damn thing weigs about 1.2 gigs, and if I remember correctly, the current system partition can't hold that much data, so I guess they changed partition size ratios, which in the end would give less storage space on internal memory. Just a guess. I don't know if they have unified partition, but since the upgrade should be done from stock 1.0.3, I would say there are two partitions available (/data and phone storage). Maybe someone else can post more detailed info about this rom if he/she decides to flash it.
There is no need to flash this rom unless you like xperia things, stock 1.0.4 is better in every way, at least for me.
All these can be download from Google Play. They just skins and lockscreen tweaks. Look Google Play Xperia.