www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Neo N003 1080p Quad Coupon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As Gizbeat probably knows, I have been looking for a Chinese phone to replace my current phone. After almost committing to buying a Hero H7500+ from lightake at here (one of the main reasons is because it is on sale right now for only 209!). However, as I was browsing, a phone caught my eye: the Neo N003.

This phone promises a 5-inch 1920 x 1080 IPS OGS Gorilla Glass II Screen along with our standard Mediatek 1.2Ghz MT6589 quad-core. It has 1GB of RAM and 8GB of ROM. It also sports a 13MP SONY camera and has a 3000mAh battery to keep the phone alive all day. Wow! I couldn't believe that the price was only $186. You guys can pre-order it here and use the coupon code may5 for an additional 5% off.

So what do you guys think of this new phone? I know how a lot of us think of our phones as "Iphone killers," but is the Neo N003 a "China-phone killer?" Is it worth buying? Do you think that Lightake will fulfill its orders (its a pre-order)?

Who here thinks that holding off on the Hero H7500+ purchase is a smart idea? (It is so tempting to press that purchase button Big Grin, especially since I need a phone right away)

I'd love to hear all of your opinions!
~Phnx

P.S. @Gizbeat, will there be a support forum on this site anytime soon once the Neo comes out? I would love to help review/mod/test the phone and upload the results (if I end up successfully purchasing one).
There will be support and a forum for the N003.

Note that most reputable shops list N003 as having 2100Mhz WCDMA only, so you'll have zero 3G in USA.
I thought that in the USA they mostly use 2100MHZ
(2013-04-20, 23:36)phnx55 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that in the USA they mostly use 2100MHZ

It gets slightly complicated, but the short answer is no. Due to a bunch of bureaucratic bull, no phone with 2100 only will work in the USA on 3G.

You need 850 or 1900. Also you will need to be on AT&T or AT&T MVNO (H20 etc...), though TMobile does lease 850 from AT&T in some instances.
(2013-04-20, 23:57)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-20, 23:36)phnx55 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that in the USA they mostly use 2100MHZ

It gets slightly complicated, but the short answer is no. Due to a bunch of bureaucratic bull, no phone with 2100 only will work in the USA on 3G.

You need 850 or 1900. Also you will need to be on AT&T or AT&T MVNO (H20 etc...), though TMobile does lease 850 from AT&T in some instances.

T-mobile states they use 2100 mhz here BUT (and this is a big but) they say:
"T-Mobile's UMTS network operates in Band IV, which uses 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz frequencies. Specifically, T-Mobile uses the 1700 MHz frequency to send information to cell sites and then uses the 2100 MHz frequency to receive information. A device must be able to use both frequencies to use T-Mobile's domestic UMTS network.

Most international UMTS networks operate in Band I, which uses the 2100 MHz frequency."

Hahaha, America is so unique, not metric and not Band I either Tongue
Hi
Thanks
I ordered
Pre-order including a coupon published here
Costs $ 176.69
Wait and hope to come out in early May
Hi guys,

where did you find this phone for 144$? I can't find it for the price.... :/
Anyway 176$ is still a tempting offer.
Not sure if to buy this one or to wait for the Jiayu G4, which will be launched next week already Smiling
(2013-04-26, 04:02)Armator Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

Not sure if to buy this one or to wait for the Jiayu G4, which will be launched next week already Smiling

It was a mistake by the OP. There is no $144 Neo N003.

I will be very surprised to see Jiayu G4 shipping next week.
(2013-04-26, 04:18)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-26, 04:02)Armator Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

It was a mistake by the OP. There is no $144 Neo N003.

I will be very surprised to see Jiayu G4 shipping next week.

Yes, Jiayu's communication-policy and their product postponements are really awful.
2000 units will be sold next week, however with some limitations (engineering models, without OTG support, ...)

If they launch the final version in Mid-May, I ll go for the G4.

There is also a first hands-on Neo N003 video
The following video show an engineering model of the Neo N003 above with lower Antutu score.
Pages: 1 2