www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MTK6592 lost 3G after factory reset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. New here, no experience with Chinese phones or language.

I rooted my Neken N6+ MTK6592, then had to do a factory reset. [Titanium Backup had restored some old Samsung data by mistake ].

When it arrived, the phone worked in GSM 850 as well as WCDMA 850.

After factory reset, the phone now only works in GSM 850/GPRS/Edge. I no longer have 3G WCDMA/UMTS .
This means it won't work where I live.

What do I do? I read somewhere that there's an English Language ROM available.

(This does not appear on my phone as an option when I start with the UP button; I only get a "sick android" image with the UP button restart. With the DOWN button restart I can access the Chinese menu. No 3G option is available in that menu).

Nor can apps like MTK Engine manage to activate 3G anywhere.

Note: My system mostly runs in English, but I still get regular Chinese text messages appearing?

Any help appreciated.
I managed to enable 3G but MTK6592 seems to be impossible to set to the WCDMA/UMTS 850/2100Mhz as per its specifications. The phone's stuck on GSM850 and WCDMA-IMT-2000 and I cannot change it - at least not through Mobileuncle's Engineer Mode (MTK). Where I work there's only WCDMA/UMTS, no GSM.

How do I set this phone to WCDMA/UMTS 850/2100Mhz ?
You need the full factory stock backup ROM with the baseband files.
(2014-03-11, 20:07)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]You need the full factory stock backup ROM with the baseband files.

Thanks, that's a relief to know that there's a solution out there somewhere.

Just where might I find a full factory stock backup ROM with the baseband files?
Not convinced this phone ever did WCDMA 850/2100.

They tell me there's an updated ROM coming my way. Will post results.