www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Star S5 CWM English Recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello People,

I have built this recovery with mtkdroidtools - and flashed it on my Star S5 - and it works Smiling
Just unrar the folder - and flash it with flash tools (scatter file is inside - flash ONLY recovery).

Flash this at your own risk - on my device it works - I can't be sure it works on any other - but I sure would love to hear if it does Smiling

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Excellent Yulypis. Great work. How about a short, basic Yulypis tutorial for the site on how you built it if you have the time.
Flashed this to root Star S5 mt6589. Had to use MtkDroidTools 243 to enter recovery mode, but installed superSU without a flaw.

Thank you both for the help.
Just seen your tutorial in another thread so off to download all of the files and get this phone rooted and english CWM ........ happy days Big Grin
Sorry to bother you guys with this but I can't install it at all. I can not install the proper drivers for S5. Tried all the steps of the XDA tutorial and in this forum but no luck. When i conect the phone to S5Mt6589rootkit on USB storage the phone does not get recognized but as Media device(MTP) it gets recognized. Is it possible to root the phone with S5Mt6589rootkit and if yes could you be so nice to tell me the proper steps. Thanks in advance.
(2013-04-25, 23:35)Pallmalli Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2013-04-26, 02:11)yamado Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Ditto to that, the PDAnet drivers worked straight away for me on a win7 laptop.
(2013-04-26, 03:16)pmk Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Ditto to that, the PDAnet drivers worked straight away for me on a win7 laptop.
Hello guys, I flash the recovery and then did root through CWM. It worked well but after the display is dark. The phone starts normally but the screen does not load images. Could someone provide me pictures recovery or a walkthrough for me to install another rom by recovery to try to fix this problem, since they have no way to see the options on the display. I would be grateful if someone can help me.
Hi,

When I try to install a custom rom trough this recovery it says "installation aborted" how do I get this to work?

Greetings, Thomas
hello
can i just copy and then paste the recovery.img with ES explorer???
Pages: 1 2