www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Need Help Rooting a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (Tab F815) Clone MT6575 Tablet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (Tab F815) Clone MT6575 Tablet that I have been trying to root (unsuccessfully!).

I have tried:

1) Various versions of Root Genius by Shuame

2) Framaroot

3) EROOT

4) TPSparkyRoot

I couldn't try "vRoot iRoot RomasterSU" as the file in the download link is corrupted and never completes downloading successfully.

Is this tablet un-rootable???????????

I am not sure whether I have installed the drivers correctly (that is the only thing that I can think could be stopping the rooting).

I have installed the "NEW_SP_preloader_Drivers_v1.6.zip" drivers using the methods outlined in the webpage https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tut-instructions-mtk6577-usb-vcom-driver-installation.2206421/

The reason I wanted to root this device is because the Google Play Store crashes upon entry. Also Google Play Services were not installed. After a lot of methods I managed to install Google Play Services by using APK Editor and changing the default installation location.

This unfortunately has presented another problem with error messages stating that Google Play Services are not supported on this device.

What I was trying to do was install a newer version of Google Play Store once the device was rooted.

I tried to trigger manual updates to Google Play Store but that didn't work.

So, Google Play Services are installed but I suspect are not supported on this device.

Google Play Store is crashing on entry and cannot be updated or uninstalled.

Rooting is not working.

This is my first experience with an Android device that doesn't support Google!

All in all, one crapola of a tablet.

Unfortunately I am a stubborn bast**d.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Flavio