www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: "Less is more"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think? Is it really so uncomfortable to use f.e. Zopo ZP810? Would you like to change it for something smaller? Furthermore: do you find it necessary to have quad core, 2 gigs of ram etc.?
This is all personal, but in my rich and diverse phone history (Nokia 5800, HTC HD2, Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro, LG Optimus 2x, LG Cookie, Nokia 6680 in no specific order excluding various others) I have noticed that you can get used to everything if you put a little time into it.
That's what makes us human after all, we adapt.
And yes with a screen as big as 5 inches you might have a little trouble operating the phone with a single hand, but it's overcomeable and no I wouldn't want to go back to a smaller screen.

As to the question if it's necessary to have a quad core and 2GB of RAM, no of course not, you don't "need" it, but it makes life a bit easier.
A quad-core processor lets you spend less time waiting for apps to start and other actions to be performed.
2GB of RAM memory is handy if you do A LOT of multitasking, it's more than the larger part of users, with typical usage in mind, will efficiently make use of, although I do know some people that browse with more than 10 open tabs in Chrome. In those cases 2GB of RAM is quite handy.
is good to have hardware power availableThumbs Up
My first Android phone was an HTC Wildfire S.

It had a 600MHz CPU with 512Mb of RAM and a 3.2" Screen.
It was a great phone for a first smartphone and an introduction to the Android OS.
It was also the first phone that I rooted and installed a custom ROM on.

The processor was too slow for most applications as was the screen. The internal memory was very limited at only 150Mb available so until I rooted and installed App2SD I was getting low storage warnings on an hourly basis.

I upgraded to an HTC One V about a year ago. This was a significant improvement in terms of CPU speed (1 GHz, still single core), with the same RAM and 4Gb of on board memory and the 3.7" inch screen was a notable improvement .

I recently upgraded again to a HX9299A (HDC One). Quad-core, 1GB RAM, and a 4.7" 720p screen. It is a beast that can do far more than either of the other phones.

While I love my new phone, I still have a soft spot for the Wildfire S and freeing it from Android 2.3. I upped it to 4.0.4 and overclocked it to to 768MHz, unleashing a LOT more potential out of it.

I think its a bit like going back to your old SNES games after playing your PS3. Sometimes it's a great experience, sometimes it's best left as a memory!