www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Samsung Galaxy S4 Copy help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,few days ago I've got S4 copy as a gift and I have to say that I'm pretty happy with it but it has some lag.
My question is if I could downgrade android or put some faster rom in it.

I've tried to install CWM recovery but everytime I get error :Recovery doesn't suit this phone using MTKdroidTools program.
Phone pictures : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Phone info from MTKdroidTools :
Hardware : UNIVERSAL5410 - MTK6572
Model : I9500
Build number : JDQ39.I9500XXUAMDK_v2
Build date UTC : 20140120-103125
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V1.P3, 2013/12/09 16:34
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (root@sanstar-desktop) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Mon Jan 20 18:28:17 CST 2014
Uboot build v : -----
LCD Driver IC : 1-nt35510_dsi_vdo_6572

Thanks
that is a pretty sweet copy according to the pictures.
Downgrading would most probably be counter-productive unless downgrading to 2.3 (which i don't think would be possible anyways)
finding a matching ROM for clones can be pretty difficult especially when you do not know the name and brand.
is there any model name printed underneath the battery?
also it looks like it has a custom launcher emulating Touchwiz.
to speed up the phone you can try for replacing the launcher with one from the play store, for example Nova Launcher (its decent and fast, and if you install the TouchWhiz theme it looks almost like Samsung)
the MTK6577 is not a fast CPU, so apart from cleaning out unneeded apps (and maybe chinese programs which you dont use) and replacing the launcher i don't think you can do much.

try here
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2014-03-13, 05:03)linr76 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thank you for your reply.
I've tried searching google for rom but couldn't find any except stock one.
Anyway I've got this text from stock factory on chinese : ALPS.JB3.MP.V1
Could that be like model number or something?
try searching google with UNIVERSAL5410 - MTK6572
the first two hits were roms for this phone (at least for me)
somehow only the needrom link stuck here, i posted the other one also with instructions how to search but that got lost it seems.
i've seen the ALPS stuff for both ROMs so its pretty high chance those are for your phone.
dont forget to make a backup with MTK droid tools so you can go back if need be.