www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: phone wanted (5'' cca $200)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well... it's hard to admit it and it's not the phone's fault but i'm having some troubles with my inew v3. namely, the provider has a pretty weak signal.

in urban areas the 3g is at 2100 and it's no problem. the thing is i am pretty far away and i should be getting 3g at 900 which the phone doesn't support. however, the thing worked fine with tronsmart ts7 and the only explanation i can present is that inew has a weak antenna. that goes for wifi too and it drains my battery. heavily.

so push came to shove and i decided on getting a new phone (hopefully with better antenna and a stronger battery).

the thing i am looking for should have at least some of these characteristics:
- 2 gb ram
- wcdma 900 mhz support
- good battery life
- very good reception
- very good camera
- gorilla glass or at least ogs

anyway, the candidates are:

- thl w200s (octa core, 1 gb, no 900 mhz support and 2000 mah, gorilla glass)
- lenovo s860 (2 gb, 4000 mAh AND 3g support at 900 mhz but no ogs or gorilla)
- elephone p9 (2 gb, octa core, no 900 mhz support, gorilla glass, decent camera)
- huawei honor 3c (support for wcdma 900, 2 gb ram, 2300 mah, ogs but not a great camera)

or just wait for 3 more weeks until april (4th) for coolpad f1 with wcdma 900 mhz support (gorilla, 2500 mah, 2 gb, decent camera) and hope for the best with reception?

well... i guess i just answered my own question but any opinions would be very much appreciated
The THL W200S has okay WiFi signal strength. Better than the V3, but not significantly. SIM strength is very good, but I'm quite near the towers, so can't say how it would be when on the road.

If you're in a 900MHz signal area, I'd give the Huawei 3c a go.
Im also considering Huawei 3c. Does anyone know how big a difference in performance the MTK6582 is compared to MTK6592? Seems weird to be that these phones are the same price but one is "1.3ghz quad" and other is "1.7ghz octa".
tnx gizbeat. any chance you can get your hands on either this huawei or lenovo/coolpad?

thl seems to be out of the picture now Smiling
did you consider of buying XiaoMi Hongmi?

its a perfect phone with excelent suport for a good price
I agree with Gizbeat. Huawei are always a good choice but it all depends what features are important to you. If battery life is at all important to you then the Lenovo S860 is the clear winner. 4000 mAh battery with a 720p screen and MT6582....man that thing is going to last forever...lol.
well, if i had to rank my needs, it would be like this:

- good reception (if possible wcdma 900 mhz support) both mobile and wifi - this is where inew fails with me, the only thing but the most important thing
- very good camera
- some sort of quality screen (gorilla glass preferable but ogs would also satisfy)
- battery life (this is also related to lack of reception which gives me grief since it drains my battery and i have to charge it daily even with very little screen-on time (i.e. about 1 hour)

and since i am a bit of a gadget freak (as if i'm sticking out here Big Grin) i would also like (but not necesarry) to have as much ram and an octa so i would be settled for a longer period (cca 2 years or so). so yeah, that would be a great benefit and that is why i am stil weighing the option of waiting for 2 more weeks for coolpad f1 wcdma 900 mhz version.

the thing i would like to know is if anyone has any experience with the said phone or should i just keep on weighing between huawei and lenovo Smiling