www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: New 4.2.1 Firmware B94M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
New firmware just released. Apparently it has quite a few fixes and runs better than the stock firmware.

More detailed instructions on the main site for some of these steps (skip over the steps regarding root) - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Quick and dirty:
• Install [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and verify in device manager
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. You must use Google Chrome or download the Firefox Mega NZ plugin. After the download is 100%, go to Downloads or hit CTRL-J, you should see the ROM there
• Extract the ROM
• Download this [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and this [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. Extract them into the folder of the extracted ROM. Copy over the existing recovery.img and boot.img
• Run [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
• Load scatter from the downloaded ROM
• Turn Off Phone, pull out the battery for 5 seconds and put it back in
• Click 'Upgrade Firmware' on Flash Tools
• Plug in Phone - You will see it install the rom. Takes about 2 or 3 minutes. It should finish with a green circle
• Bam you're a ninja.

NOTE: For anyone having an issue with the above drivers, please use these [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. They're now including the MTK6589 ADB. Excellent find by Kuroyume.
hello i have put the 4.2.1 Firmware but when i put the scatter and after start the installation of superU 3.1.3 from recovery,when the phone reboot the phone blocked on inizially screen and no start. i resolve it with flash again with 4.2.1 but i can't root it because blocked screen always after SU.

waiting your reply. thanks

how i can root without problem?? thanks!
(2013-04-27, 06:53)Wable Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] after installing 4.2.1. After root, wipe cache, dalvik, factory restore.
thanks for reply. you are shure for this? i can brick the phone if i make wipe cache, dalvik, factory restore??

wipe chage dalvik e factory restore

i must make from recovery?
(2013-04-29, 00:47)Wable Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for reply. you are shure for this? i can brick the phone if i make wipe cache, dalvik, factory restore??

wipe chage dalvik e factory restore

i must make from recovery?

No Wable, wiping cache/dalvik/factory restore won't brick your device (assuming it's not already bricked).

There's a new method to auto-root 4.2.1 though if you continue to have problems. See the root and hack forum.
thanks for information,but where i can find it? the autoroot?

sorry but i am italian and some time difficult to understand english and search the post.

the Motochopper Auto Root work? you have test it?

thanks!
hello people,
is there a new firmware for B94M dual core 6577???

thanks.
hello, im having a hard time .. im following your directions but in the scatter I don't see anything in the star file rom. I extracted the boot.img and recov.img in the rom. forgive me Im new to this and better off following a video how to. I know I cant root the phone until I upgrade it. thanks in advance if you can help me..
If you just want root, you should be able to root using the auto-root tool. See Root ROM forum.

If you want just the custom recovery, you don't need to install the ROM. Just download and flash the recovery. You can make a scatter file (See Root ROM forum Gizbeat 101 Make a scatter).
Hola.
Estoy buscando soluciones para el error en la medición de las distancias con el gps, en un terminal B94M con MTK6589 y android 4.2.
¿puede este firmware solucionar este problema de medición de distancias?
Saludos.
Pages: 1 2