www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Different versions of iNew phones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
since there has been much speculation going on lately and we have seen at least two different production batches of iNew V3 with seemingly differing hardware (different modem with 850/2100 and 900/2100 eg) i would like to open this thread to gather some information around this.

first and foremost, there are two companies out there who say they are official iNew company -

inewphone.com (which i personally believe is the "real" one)
inewmobile.com

interesting in this regard is also that there is no i6000 or i6000+ phone on inewphone, but there is a i6000s (completely different as it has 5inch screen)

could it be that both these companies produce different phones and this is why we end up with same models but different hardware?

what do you think about this?

it has been confirmed that bot production runs use the same lcd driver (1-nt35512_HD_dsi_vdo_truly) so it seems at least the screen is the same.
possibly it's only a different modem configuration and a different preloader?
You are interpreting way too much into it. Chinese manufactureres are just using whatever they have lying around. This is why you have different back covers (with/without NFC prints) and now different radios. Those were probably 0.01$ cheaper to manufacture, so they just used those boards/covers instead of the original ones. This is common for chinese manufactureres, see for example the #808 mini cams that all look the same on the outside but differ wildy on the inside.