www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Bricked my MIZ Z5! MT6589 chip...can't create scatter or ROM.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
SOOOOOO...yeah...

Broke my new phone. Well, let me say that it would NOT hold a signal so for my uses (ya know, a phone) it didn't work.

So I decided to play around with it...either way it's bricked. Can't boot into recovery, can't root into factory settings thingy (came up when I pressed Vol down instead of up)...just starts up with a blank black screen and will continuously reboot.

Flash Tool still sees it...so I think it MIGHT be recoverable if I could get the right scatter file and a stock ROM.

Any help? Advice? It's a MIZ Z5...can't find nothing...
Can MTK Droid Tools read it the initial info? Not the scatter, but the phone's info.

What exactly did you do? Did you f*k with the preloader at all?

The MIZ Z1 and MIZ Z2 are the same as Star S5 and Star B94M, but I'm not MIZ Z5 had a twin. I looked at Caesar a9600 and Star N9589, but they don't look the same to me.

Next step is try to contact merchants to see if they can help with getting a stock ROM.
Yeah I think I did mess with the preloader unfortunately...it was one of those things that the phone part wasn't working anyways so I figured I'd play around with it.

Oh well, doesn't matter, getting my money back from PayPal anyways so I'll just get another.
(2013-04-24, 12:07)AndroidVageta Wrote: [ -> ]SOOOOOO...yeah...

Broke my new phone. Well, let me say that it would NOT hold a signal so for my uses (ya know, a phone) it didn't work.

So I decided to play around with it...either way it's bricked. Can't boot into recovery, can't root into factory settings thingy (came up when I pressed Vol down instead of up)...just starts up with a blank black screen and will continuously reboot.

Flash Tool still sees it...so I think it MIGHT be recoverable if I could get the right scatter file and a stock ROM.

I also have attached scatter file right scatter file for mtk6589. I used it with star s5. hope it will help you

[Admin: File removed. Thanks for trying to help, but the Miz Z5 is not the same as the Miz Z2. They MIGHT have the same scatter, however it's not worth the risk. If they're not the same scatter, future users will likely permanently brick their phone]
(2013-04-24, 12:07)AndroidVageta Wrote: [ -> ]SOOOOOO...yeah...

saw your post, is this what you are looking for? its taken from a MIZ Z5
OK I have the scatter...now what about a ROM or something? I pretty sure the preloader is screwed as, again, I have no recovery or anything else (just a blank screen no matter what I do).

It would have to be MTK Flash Tool compatible if/when we do find a ROM.
OK so the company I bought it from (Antelife) sent me a new ROM and the phone now works! However...my cell signal keeps going in and out and I simply can't get it to stay on. I'm using the correct APN settings and all that...it just refuses to stay on. Will turn on for a few seconds and the phone will work (calls and what not) then it'll just turn off again. Sooo...yeah...

I'm thinking the phone is just messed up is the only thing I can come up with at this point.
(2013-04-28, 18:20)AndroidVageta Wrote: [ -> ]OK so the company I bought it from (Antelife) sent me a new ROM and the phone now works! However...my cell signal keeps going in and out and I simply can't get it to stay on. I'm using the correct APN settings and all that...it just refuses to stay on. Will turn on for a few seconds and the phone will work (calls and what not) then it'll just turn off again. Sooo...yeah...

I'm thinking the phone is just messed up is the only thing I can come up with at this point.

Is that the issue you were having before the brick?

If you could post a link to the firmware for future users, that would be good.
OK PEOPLE! Don't know if this is a phone problem or what...but if I disable 3G (2G/EDGE only) I get full signal and NO drops. With 3G on is when I get on again off again activity.

So it would appear that my phone IS fine...it just doesn't like 3G? I'm guessing this is a signal thing or something with the settings deep in the phone (all APN/Network settings are correct).

Any suggestions? ROM hack maybe now that I have a full one?
(2013-04-28, 18:20)AndroidVageta Wrote: [ -> ]OK so the company I bought it from (Antelife) sent me a new ROM and the phone now works! However...my cell signal keeps going in and out and I simply can't get it to stay on. I'm using the correct APN settings and all that...it just refuses to stay on. Will turn on for a few seconds and the phone will work (calls and what not) then it'll just turn off again. Sooo...yeah...

Do you have a link to d'load the ROM or can you email it to me pls?
Pages: 1 2