www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Proximity sensor problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My v3 proximity sensor is always failing when I'm calling someone! I mean, I'm talking and the phone screen is blinking sometimes and when I hang out the call (maybe with my ear) I usually have lots of apps open and changed settings!

Anyone can help with this?
Actually This never happened to me ...Undecided
Is that you sweat a lot or have too oily skin?

Please don't mind my question as I have similar experience with my old phone during hot summer days.

Anyway, you can try testing your proximity sensor if it functions properly in the engineering mode
No. I've experienced this again few minutes ago at home. And today there is no much sun outside too..
I'm not even able to calibrate the sensor in mediatek engineer mode always give me a fail message :/ it's a bit anoying, always vibrating at my ear and doing things that I don't want!
Hello I was looking for answer for that issue. I managed to solve it in the following way: I uninstalled SmartTools. This app uses my proximity sensor, and I think it caused the problem. After uninstall and rebott, the problem was gone. Hope this would help someone.
I have the same problem and cant listen to voice messages in the Whats App messenger. Wechat works fine.

Its very annoying.. started 1 week ago..and my phone is maybe 1 month old

(2014-03-21, 22:02)nunytes Wrote: [ -> ]No. I've experienced this again few minutes ago at home. And today there is no much sun outside too..
I'm not even able to calibrate the sensor in mediatek engineer mode always give me a fail message :/ it's a bit anoying, always vibrating at my ear and doing things that I don't want!