www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Review] THL W200S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi I received my Thl W200s yesterday. So far impressed.
The screen is very clear with vivid colours. Plays movie flawlessly and looks great.
I spent hours looking for & loading apps last night and had no problems with phone.
Went for bike ride and played Talking book for 70min via blue tooth worked great. Found headphones & connected quickly. Only using 1 sim card with no problems. The phone feels good in the hand and the screen very responsive to touch.
I have 2 other Android phones one X2 - 4" MTK6575 1GHZ it has 512MB Ram & 512MB of Rom this one lost image on screen 2 weeks ago,Was Purchased June 2012 and the second Star N9776 6" MTK6577 dual-core 1.2GHz with 512mb Ran & 4gb Rom this one still running great was purchased Feb 2013. But after playing with the new Thl W200s they seen very slow and much harder to view screen. The Gps seems good but will test tomorrow using Runtastic on my bike ride. Have not tested camera. The Thl W200s weighs 153 grams compared to X2 4" which weighed 150 grams which is great as not to heavy in pocket.
The Star N9776 6" with flip over screen cover weighs 265 grams which is a little heavy when in your pocket. Hope this info is useful
Very helpful indeed. Thanks bobtheboor! We appreciate the review!

How is the battery life on your THL W200S? Any hesitations on recommending it others?
(2014-03-18, 08:18)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Very helpful indeed. Thanks bobtheboor! We appreciate the review!

How is the battery life on your THL W200S? Any hesitations on recommending it others?

Hi WuddaWaste
I have GSam Battery Monitor but do not know how to upload or take a screenshot. I just placed the phone on charge as it got to 10% or just below. I had just finished a 6k walk. Used Runtastic and monitored with Gps 65 minutes, The Gps locked on very quickly and my trail has no wandering as I sometimes get with the other phones also had Audio book running with Bluetooth headphones for another 90 minutes. I are happy with battery so far as I have constantly used it. Much more than would be normal use at I was setting it up and downloading lots of apps My new toy. I have a question as my other phones do not have 3 dots to left of charging port at top of phone. The right hand one started blinking red as the battery warning beeped. Is that a low battery warning? or I had received a text message and was that a notification of the message? I assume they all light up to indicate something. If anyone knows could they please let me know.
Still very happy with phone.
Wow. Lots of good info here. Thanks to all for your feedback and reviews!

In regards to the indication light: have you guys tried using LiteFlow Lite? On my Nexus 4, LightFlow really helped me use the indicator light for things I wanted to see. If that isn't an option, perhaps GravityBox Mod for Xposed Installer could be used.

@bobtheboor, [Re: Screenshots]: On most of the Android phones I've used, simultaneously pushing the power_button + volume_down button will take a screen shot. There's also a GravityBox Mod option to place it in the QuickSettings menu.

@bobtheboor, [Re: Blank Screen]: I'm guessing this is an issue with your proximity sensor. It thinks your face is still next to the phone, so it keeps the screen blank. The sensor needs to be recalibrated. Fortunately, this is an easy fix! Go to "Settings" then "Display" then "Als_ps calibration". Hope it works!
Hi 'WuddaWaste

In regards to the indication light: have you guys tried using LiteFlow Lite? On my Nexus 4, LightFlow really helped me use the indicator light for things I wanted to see. If that isn't an option, perhaps GravityBox Mod for Xposed Installer could be used.

Will give it a try

@bobtheboor, [Re: Screenshots]: On most of the Android phones I've used, simultaneously pushing the power_button + volume_down button will take a screen shot. There's also a GravityBox Mod option to place it in the QuickSettings menu.

Will test it out

@bobtheboor, [Re: Blank Screen]: I'm guessing this is an issue with your proximity sensor. It thinks your face is still next to the phone, so it keeps the screen blank. The sensor needs to be recalibrated. Fortunately, this is an easy fix! Go to "Settings" then "Display" then "Als_ps calibration". Hope it works!

Your a star, Works perfect after calibration.
Thanks very much
Woo-hoo! Glad to hear you got your phone working as it should! Cheers, friend!
(2014-03-25, 00:14)WuddaWaste Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
The other setting is post and wants a URL.
The image is battery monitor after 2 days after I charged phone. Not shore if is useful after I charged it. Hope you can see image and this makes sense.
bobtheboor: wow, dude! Thanks for going through all that trouble just to report back to us here! Your work is very, very much appreciated! You rock, man!

First and foremost: everything you've done is already above and beyond. So glad to have you here and to have you reporting back such great stuff! Please don't mistake my ramblings for tasking you to do particular tasks. It's your phone and your life. Do as you see fit. That said, it's always awesome to learn from what others are doing! In this case, thanks for being that "other"! Smiling

I apologize for being unclear before. Let me address a few things.

Screenshots: Android 4.0 and beyond natively supports taking screen shots by pressing Vol_Down + Power together. Under normal circumstances, a third-party application should not be necessary. Just press them together and hold it for a second. My last phone was kind of finickey about timing on it, but I eventually got kinda good at it. Unfortunately, the volume rocker my current phone got broken off in an incident with a slippery stand and a linoleum floor -- else I'd fiddle with my timing to try to provide some better insights on how to properly capture screen shots.

Xposed Installer is a third-party framework application that allows for modifying a phone's ROM directly without flashing a new ROM. It requires root access. GravityBox is a suite of tools to be used on top of Xposed Installer. GravityBox specifically lets you tweak a "vanilla" (aka AOSP) version of Android 4.4x.

In short, get to know your phone first. Learn basics like screen shots and play around with the apps you want to play with first. When you're ready to get into specific custom tweaking, then you can get into "rooting" first, then all the plethora of goodies that can be messed with one a phone is rooted. If this is your first time messing with Android at all, perhaps you should enjoy the standard playbox for a little while before popping the hood and going to town.

I know where you're coming from. I was kinda new to Android too not long ago. I'm still learning as we go along.

To post a picture, you did great. Imgur is a fantastic image hosting site and the link works beautifully. If you want an alternative, this forum has an "attachment" feature. The attachment feature lets you post pictures directly to the threads. You can see the "attachment" stuff right below the text box where you've been writing your threads and replies. Smiling

As far as your battery life goes.... WOWZA!!!! Your phone puts my phone to shame! That's unbelievable, man! I'm very impressed indeed!
(2014-03-25, 09:48)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]bobtheboor: wow, dude! Thanks for going through all that trouble just to report back to us here! Your work is very, very much appreciated! You rock, man!

First and foremost: everything you've done is already above and beyond. So glad to have you here and to have you reporting back such great stuff! Please don't mistake my ramblings for tasking you to do particular tasks. It's your phone and your life. Do as you see fit. That said, it's always awesome to learn from what others are doing! In this case, thanks for being that "other"! Smiling

No problems at all, as I are learning heaps as I go which also makes the phone even more useful, it's sometimes frustrating but also fun.

I apologize for being unclear before. Let me address a few things.

Screenshots: Android 4.0 and beyond natively supports taking screen shots by pressing Vol_Down + Power together. Under normal circumstances, a third-party application should not be necessary. Just press them together and hold it for a second. My last phone was kind of finickey about timing on it, but I eventually got kinda good at it. Unfortunately, the volume rocker my current phone got broken off in an incident with a slippery stand and a linoleum floor -- else I'd fiddle with my timing to try to provide some better insights on how to properly capture screen shots.

I 'm not shore if you were unclear or I are not up to date with this kind of stuff as I really only used my other 2 android phones to listen to audio books and make phone calls. I did not try pressing Vol_Down + Power together before I installed Screenshot Ultimate so do not know if I wasted my time with duplicate type program. Now the same controls work with it to capture screen image.

Xposed Installer is a third-party framework application that allows for modifying a phone's ROM directly without flashing a new ROM. It requires root access. GravityBox is a suite of tools to be used on top of Xposed Installer. GravityBox specifically lets you tweak a "vanilla" (aka AOSP) version of Android 4.4x.

In short, get to know your phone first. Learn basics like screen shots and play around with the apps you want to play with first. When you're ready to get into specific custom tweaking, then you can get into "rooting" first, then all the plethora of goodies that can be messed with one a phone is rooted. If this is your first time messing with Android at all, perhaps you should enjoy the standard playbox for a little while before popping the hood and going to town.

Yes I have 2 android phones andriod 4 & 4.1.1 but not really looked at much of the heaps of things it will do.
Normally I can hardly see the screens out side even with the phones on full brightness, with the THL W200S I are able to read the screen with out glasses.
Inside it's easier to use a computer.

I know where you're coming from. I was kinda new to Android too not long ago. I'm still learning as we go along.

When I got the first android phone from DX I was in a fair bit of trouble.
It arrived with Chinese manual and for the first week I was asking so many questions . The internet is a great teacher with all the helpers out there.

To post a picture, you did great. Imgur is a fantastic image hosting site and the link works beautifully. If you want an alternative, this forum has an "attachment" feature. The attachment feature lets you post pictures directly to the threads. You can see the "attachment" stuff right below the text box where you've been writing your threads and replies. Smiling

I found the "attachment" stuff but I need the image on my computer to attach it.
Not shore what is the best way to get it there. Do most people post from there phones? I'm 59 and to slow or awkward to hit all the right buttons on a tiny key pad.

As far as your battery life goes.... WOWZA!!!! Your phone puts my phone to shame! That's unbelievable, man! I'm very impressed indeed!

Yes I was so happy with the battery results for the last 2 days I should of kept a record of the number of hours of listening to books in those 2 days but it was more than 6hrs. I had also turned the screen down from full brightness to about 25% so that will of helped.
I will try to do another test from full battery to empty and record the hrs playing audio books via Bluetooth & remember to take image before charging phone.

Thanks again for all the help
Hi,

New on this forum, and i am currently looking for a new phone with Dual Sim.
I was very interested in this model, but the reports indicating that while on GPS the Bluettoth will have problems. can you confirm this?

I will use a lot the phone in the Car connected via Bluettoth, and using GPS. If this GPS+Bluettoth combo do not work ... then this is surely a No-Go.

Thank you for the help.
Regards,
Hugo
Pages: 1 2