www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Gionee Dream D1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone here own the Gionee Dream D1?? I just got it and bricked trying to get a custom cwm recovery working for it, guess f**ked the preloader Sad. Taking it to the Service Center, this weekend.

Would like to try it again with help from a pro from here.
(2013-04-25, 00:50)somberi Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone here own the Gionee Dream D1?? I just got it and bricked trying to get a custom cwm recovery working for it, guess f**ked the preloader Sad. Taking it to the Service Center, this weekend.

Kind of hard to give advice if you don't give symptoms.

Are you seeing the boot logo?
Can you boot into recovery?
Did you actually flash over the preloader?
Does MTK Droid Tools see the initial info?

If you just flashed the recovery.img and had the proper scatter file, you should be fine, just need a proper ROM to reflash.
(2013-04-25, 01:04)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-25, 00:50)somberi Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone here own the Gionee Dream D1?? I just got it and bricked trying to get a custom cwm recovery working for it, guess f**ked the preloader Sad. Taking it to the Service Center, this weekend.

Kind of hard to give advice if you don't give symptoms.

If you just flashed the recovery.img and had the proper scatter file, you should be fine, just need a proper ROM to reflash.

No
No
MTKDroidTool produced a patched recovery and I flashed it via SF Tools with the scatter file. After that the phone has gone dead.
No.

Gionee has not given the proper ROM for download, thats the reason taking the phone to the service center this weekend. Will keep you posted when I gt back the phone. Thanks For your help. Smiling
Hmm... It's not a good sign when you don't see the boot logo, but if you flashed with the proper scatter only over recovery, it should be salvageable by flashing the proper ROM.

Let us know how it goes.

I have the same device. I have been trying hard to find information on how to root it, but with no success :-(

Were you able to root the phone?
(2013-04-27, 15:10)RickyGoldsmith Wrote: [ -> ]

I have the same device. I have been trying hard to find information on how to root it, but with no success :-(

Were you able to root the phone?

Try the auto-root tutorial in Root-Rom-Hack or build your own recovery with the Yulypis tutorial.
Big Grin Just donated!
Auto Root for MTK6589 worked. I now have my Gionee Dream D1 rooted. Finally got rid of the bloatware. Big Grin

Thanks Gizbeat!

Gizbeat, Can you guide me build/port a cwm recovery for Gionee Dream D1??
(2013-04-27, 22:45)somberi Wrote: [ -> ]Auto Root for MTK6589 worked. I now have my Gionee Dream D1 rooted. Finally got rid of the bloatware. Big Grin

Thanks Gizbeat!

Gizbeat, Can you guide me build/port a cwm recovery for Gionee Dream D1??

Excellent. Glad it worked out.

Follow the Yulypis tutorial to build a recovery, but I would advise you to have a backup ROM before flashing it.

Cheers.
My gionee stuck after root wat to do??
Pages: 1 2