www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Vote!] Do you swipe or tap?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Up till recently, I only tapped. For longer forum messages and such, I still prefer the tap type. I tap type extremely quickly. Swipe doesn't even come close. But for single handed and short messages I have been swiping a bit.
I tap. I am a rapid tapper with a plethora of autocorrect-induced errors. The only time I swipe is if I'm laying down on my back (no jokes plz). In that case, my phablet is too awkward to hold-and-tap with. I end up holding it with one hand and tapping with the other.

Follow-up question for my fellow rapid tappists. Where are your eyes primarily focused while tapping? Mine look mostly at the center word of predicted text. That is, the one that's going to be inserted. As I type this message in particular, since I'm being deliberately cognizant of it, my eyes are focused on the reply box. After 30 seconds of this, I think it might be the more effective place to be watching. I might have to re-train my eyes from this thread forward.
I prefer swipping.
I always tap, and always have done. Can never get into swyping, seems to be a lot slower for me.